#938284 by julianhayling
10 Sep 2017, 16:18
hi all,
well as ba was the best price if could get across to iad i bit the bullet and booked first class leaving on the 3rd nov and
returning on the 27 th of november.
i understand in get to use the the concorde room at T5 what else can i expect please help a old bugger
thanks julian
#938388 by DragonLady
13 Sep 2017, 18:47
JCBR wrote:I am willing to be proved wrong but I don't think Concorde lounge is for F pax. I thought it was for hi tier (invitation) BA only ?

Proving you wrong . F passengers have access to the Concorde Room :)
julianhayling there have been a few BA F posts here lately which will give you an idea of what to expect. Enjoy the refreshments on offer - decent fizz , JW Blue label if that's your tipple ( it's not mine ) and the Espresso Martinis are divine :) and there's some decentish grub either in the restsurant or out in the bar area. Book a treatment and a cabana if you desire ( 28 days out via the YouFirst details you will have in your booking).
Expect a nice comfy seat ( IMHO much more comfortable than UC particularly for sleeping on) and (again in my experience ) , a decent IFE system and decent crew who try to please .
Have a great time in IAD.

DL
#938394 by marshy11
13 Sep 2017, 20:13
T5 F gives you BA Galleries First and The Concorde Lounge.

As DL has explained you can book your Elemis Spa treatment T-28 and the same (or thereabouts) for your inflight meal choice - if you are travelling from/to those airports that offer it.

You can select your seat choice online from booking too.

Enjoy.
#938409 by Hamster
14 Sep 2017, 12:40
Just to expand on what DragonLady has said

The Concorde Room is for passengers flying in BA First Class or connecting same day from BA First Class. It is not a oneworld lounge. It is also for holders of BA Concorde Room Card holders (5,000 Tier Points) & Premier Card holders ('invitation only').

The Galleries First Lounge(s) is for BAEC Gold members and oneworld equivalents, or passengers flying in a oneworld carrier First Class cabin (T3 only at LHR) or connecting from a same day oneworld carrier First Class cabin
#938541 by gumshoe
19 Sep 2017, 22:40
It's exactly the same menu as the one offered on board so yes, there should be a vegetarian main course option.

If it's essential that everything is strictly vegetarian (e.g. no gelatine in the dessert) then you should book a special meal.
Virgin Atlantic