#14118 by Decker
27 Jul 2006, 16:57
Another abbreviated report - I don't see the point in fully fledged TRs on non VS metal given the site's raison d'etre ;).

Arrived from SJU with just over an hour 'til take off so rushed from Terminal C to Terminal B to checkin - they friendly CO person in SJU tried to Boarding Pass me through but no such luck - at least the baggage went ok :) Was asked the "could anybody have interfered with your baggage" query and given it'd been out of my hands for hours I honesly replied that I had no idea and perhaps they'd be better off asking Continental? She agreed this was a silly question but had to insist I play the game and answer correctly :). Then down towards the small collection of gates BA fly from at EWR.

The TSA were in their usual fine form. I seriously do not know what they put in their coffee there but they are just so out of order it is untrue. I stripped all the stuff that would trigger into the tray to go through X-Ray and then presented myself at the machine. I walked through and sure enough no triggers. The TSA rep blocked my path and said "I'm sorry sir your trainers have to go through the X-Ray machine". I replied "I'm sorry sir but no they don't". "Yes they do" "No they don't a few times" with him getting increasingly in my face. Suddenly "Secondary inspection required here - let me do it, I'll do it". Sounded like he was looking forward to this and sure enough he was very thorough. Still as there was nothing for them to find I was on my way again and to the lounge. A little too late for dinner so quick freshen up then on board. Straight to my seat and champagne/water/nuts. Service was very polite and non intrusive.

Now to telescope...

Canapés very nice.
Food and wine - excellent
Amenity kit - nice enough but not really understanding the raves
IFE - didn't watch but screen v. small - say 4". They did offer DVDs.
Good selection of papers including ALL sections of the Guardian - hoo hoo.
Bed - not as comfortable as the suite, flat but with cushions. No under sheet. Pajamas, prefer SAA but slightly better than VS if it didn't have the big posy "First" on it. Not subtle.
Space - more than suite.
Service at all times excellent.
Arrival - on stand and then 10 minute wait for stairs - seems BAA don't just pick on VS.
Priority luggage. Bags on belt.

So 2 BA flights in a month and I'm impressed. Will be flying CW again in a few weeks so let's see if they keep the consistency.
#129449 by Mavrick
27 Jul 2006, 18:40
Thank you for the TR, Decker. [y] [y]
#129454 by adam777
27 Jul 2006, 19:20
Ah Puerto Rico..the women there are the most beautiful in the world.
#129459 by Decker
27 Jul 2006, 19:49
Well this year in the Universe apparently ;)
#129460 by buns
27 Jul 2006, 19:59
Decker

thanks for the entertaining TR[y][y]

The TSA were in their usual fine form. I seriously do not know what they put in their coffee there but they are just so out of order it is untrue.

some things will never change;)[}:)];)

Many thanks for the comparsion to UC - given the price differential, seems like VS stands up pretty well.

buns
#129521 by Monkey
28 Jul 2006, 16:36
Glad it isnt just me who has issues with TSA!
#129534 by BlackCat
28 Jul 2006, 17:46
Thanks Decker. In BA F it's best to use a duvet (nick one from an unoccupied seat if poss) as an underblanket. The DVDs offered include a player with a reasonably large screen -- they don't appear to have the old Sony 8mm tapes any more.

BA F will be refreshed over the next 12 months or so as part of the fleet wide update to AVOD/NGCW etc, can't wait to see what it's like. Mind you, there will be a new SQ F soon as well, and I know where any of my cash is more likely to go! :D

BC
#129548 by VS045
28 Jul 2006, 19:06
Thanks, Decker[8D]

VS.
#129563 by slinky09
28 Jul 2006, 21:22
Originally posted by adam777
Ah Puerto Rico..the women there are the most beautiful in the world.

and the men aren't bad either [:0]
Virgin Atlantic