#14186 by ade99
30 Jul 2006, 23:53
So we headed up for a week on the Isle of Mull for the other half’s birthday. Thankfully BA haven’t stopped flying from LGW to GLA yet!

OLCI 23:59:59 before departure and still made seq number 2, 4,5,6 and 8. Who beat me???

Anyway we got the exit row on the 500 so was quite happy and proceeded to spend the night before at the Arora which is a fantastic place with free shuttle to the airport, would highly recommend it as the three exec rooms we booked came to less that one at the Hilton!!!

Anyway bag drop thing worked OK with a short wait before the BA check-in asked if me and the boyfriend worked for VS because of the number of stickers on our bag/passports. Told her no but she really should try – she’d been trying to get a staff ticket out to MCO but the loads are always full with VS.

So I had some of the fast-track vouchers they give out on the Gatwick Express and we were soon through security – no laptop out anymore?????

Quick bit of shopping and then thought we would check out a Priority Pass lounge. Went down to the Aviance one – the Delta room looked a bit dull and packed. As we arrived we were told that they were only allowing one guest per member as they were busy but we would be alright. Now the reason it is getting busy is because of all these people booking lounge access with travel extras etc. so does that mean soon Priority Pass could be a hit or miss thing?

Anyway headed out to gate and was then informed of hour and bit delay due to weather on the incoming Jersey flight. That was fine as I’d built an hour delay into the timetable. Then it got near to two hours so I start having a bit of a blond stress-out.

Finally Jersey plane arrives and there’s confusion with all the glass lock doors (don’t they make you feel like you’re in a fish tank) separating arriving and departing. We finally get aboard and fortunately we know three of the four crew who are locals which was nice. Then the flight deck apologise for the delay as ‘we departed Jersey and it became apparent that we had an extra bag on board and in this security time we had to return to find the bag and offload it’ I haven’t seen any of the crew today but I’m going to check this as something smelt a bit fishy there.

Anyway glad to see catering up to standard with ice and a splash of diet coke. I remember just 18 months ago when you got two cans! The best bit was the nut bar which can only be described as one of those things you hang out for the birds in the garden.

Anyway otherwise uneventful flight and great landing using most of the runway before breaking so we could conveniently arrive right at our gate on turn off. Total time 1 hour 4 minutes – some going at least we made some time up.
#130007 by Vegascrazy
01 Aug 2006, 14:25
Hi Adrian, great report [y] Re your point about doing OLCI at 23:59 the night before, you can actually do it a full 24 hrs before - I guess that's the reason you didn't get the first SEQ number! Plus, you often get pax who get to check-in even earlier because they're on the return leg of an earlier flight and BA OLCI allows you to check in for that return flight even though there's more than 24 hrs until that flight.

Cheers,

James