#14187 by ade99
31 Jul 2006, 00:24
So with no internet I my wonderful sister to check us in and nab the exit row seats of the returning 300.

Arrived at GLA and staright to front of bag drop to get boarding cards and was told of about 90 minute delay, should count our blessings the 19:40 LHR flight was delayed to 22:35 (apparently chaos was going on because Iberia had gone on strike the day before and they were ferrying people to Nice and then on by bus or something)

So used the Priority Pass lounge again which I have to say is nothing special but is great. Nice view of the runway and personal waitress service with whatever we wanted. So this passed the hour delay nicely.

Saw the flight land so headed over to security, asked about the laptop ‘christ no we’re not america’ was the reply.

Got to gate 19 where the aircraft was which was labelled for the LHR while everyone for the LGW was at gate 22. I asked one of the BA ladies who said she didn’t have a clue what was going on the duty manager was ‘all over the place’ and that the plane at 19 could be going to LHR – I told here unlikely as it was definitely one of LHR poor relation 733s.

So then the duty manager announced the gate was 19 and everyone moved around the satellite. Then without the use of the PA she stood at the airbridge held out her hand and shouted babies only! Then her helpful assistant decided to use the PA and announce the pre-board. Then another person announced general boarding for rows 10 to 21. ‘That’s us’ says the other half’s nan. ‘Yes’ I reply go on then. (She’s getting use to this flying thing at 79 finally) Then the duty manager screamed at her and an asian guy in front that it was 11 and above. ‘But you said 10’ said nan. Huff went the woman and used the PA to say 11 and above. Didn’t bother me that much until the third person who had little or no grasp of English was pointed at and then pointed to the wall and she shouted ‘wait’ a him.

By then I had enough and that’s not the way you speak to old people or those with little English so there was no point complaining to the Duty Manager (she may self combust) so I thought I would mention it to the purser when I got on. ‘Can’t do anything we don’t work here I’m afraid’ was the response. Oh I see.

Full flight as some of the LHR pax had been bumped onto our flight so after takeoff we were told that they were 20 meals short so if you didn’t want one then please let them know. I was feeling a bit peckish so decided to have one, and nan decided too saying ‘we’ll we’re supposed to get food it’s not like it that Easy Jet bloke’s airplane’

Drinks came round and I glimpsed a smile off the purser once. I know he probably had a Saturday evening out planned but hey that’s a possible problem of the job we all have em.

Anyway nice landing over Reigate Hill and out over the M23 before landing and a short taxi to the gate. Last flight of the night and the flight deck were packed and out as we were just coming down the aisle. Didn’t even recognise our mates voice when he welcomed us on board but it did help with the second smile from the purser and a ‘thank you for flying with us today Mr Richardson’ before he was politely corrected by the captain of the wrong title which just about made the flight an even.

In summary I know there is a lot of talk about LGW going connect, but I don’t think it should. However with Easy Jet about to start a three time daily flight to GLA then hopefully the service might have to pick up or perhaps loads will start getting lighter.
#130027 by ade99
01 Aug 2006, 15:51
Spoke to the FO of the flight today and he told me that the delightful lady at GLA is in for a bit of a bashing as is the purser after I emailed them.