#17643 by Ianflies
03 Feb 2007, 17:36
I have travelled First and Club before and enjoy both products.

On reading about the new Club launch with wider and longer seats, better entertainment system, all round more aesthetic on the eye, it would appear that this is better than the First seating arrangements and entertainment.

I acknlowledge that on ground you have better lounge facilities, on on board the service is that bit more attentive with better menu (and with new turn down service etc.), but surely with the quality of the seats (First always seems narrow and snug fitting) in Club, this would seem the preferred option I guess?

Would people agree and anyone know if the will be replacing First cabins?
#158491 by AlanA
03 Feb 2007, 19:56
With Willy Walsh at the helm, perhaps you are seeing the replacement now, with First being removed and CW being the New First?
#158587 by Ianflies
04 Feb 2007, 14:56
Mmmm, like Air NewZealand perhaps? Shame, I like the clear differential in service/perks of First to Club.
#158588 by preiffer
04 Feb 2007, 14:59
Originally posted by Ianflies
Mmmm, like Air NewZealand perhaps? Shame, I like the clear differential in service/perks of First to Club.
That'd be the differential that's non-existent now, would it...? ;)[:w]
#158791 by Speedbird223
05 Feb 2007, 19:54
Apparently Willie Walsh said that when the new version of CW was launched that First wouldn't be on the way out. Expect a revamp beginning in 2008. That said I'm not sure why F & J weren't made over at the same time, with the exception of cosmetic changes the present F has been around since around 1996/97.

Having flown F and the new version of Club World in the last couple of months I'd say there is still a fair bit of difference and the new seat isn't massively different to the old version. I wouldn't expect to see F bookings tail off as a result, however, that doesn't mean BA won't chop F off some more routes.
#158795 by Ianflies
05 Feb 2007, 20:03
Originally posted by preiffer
Originally posted by Ianflies
That'd be the differential that's non-existent now, would it...? ;)[:w]

That'd be the one.....
#158980 by jaguarpig
07 Feb 2007, 12:11
As Speedbird223 points out the new CW seat isn't that much different to the old one,the F seat is still better.It's the service in First that's the real difference,although on 747 CW upperdeck it comes very close to F service levels. I for one will still try to travel in F as much as possible it really is a fantastic experience that I never get tired of.
Virgin Atlantic