#17897 by MarkJ
16 Feb 2007, 21:15
I was on a flight into Birmingham today and the FSM on the BMIBaby flight I was on told me that many BA staff ( and its BA connect who operate from BHX) are leaving to join the other budget airlines operating from the airport as the pay and conditions of service are far better ( so she said!!)

This conversation came about because I told her that BA had sent me a text on Tuesday to tell me that my return flight to BHX had been cancelled! I had called BA and was on hold for 30 minutes - a fact I pointed out to the customers services rep who could only say - "yes - its busy isnt it" Complete charlies!! He then told me the flight was cancelled becasue of lack of staff!![V]

Noticed at the airport this morning that the return flight to Manchester was also cancelled!![:(!]

With service like this its not suprising that BA is losing customers - BMI was friendly, it took one minute to check in, I was able to reserve a seat ( which you cannot on BA European flights) and the flight home was very pleasant with pleasant staff!!

So thats BA off my list of European carriers!! I wrote to complain and if I get a reply I will share it with you here!!
#160396 by FlyCC
16 Feb 2007, 22:39
BA Connect Cabin Crew (different to mainline BA Crew) are starting to leave now as the merge between BACON and FlyBe will commence soon.

In the Cabin Crew world BA is a great company to work for in terms of reputation, when someone asks who they work for they're proud to respond British Airways; some of the current staff won't be happy telling their friends and family they work for a low-cost airline - probably extremely pompous but that's how it is! I wouldn't know about the working conditions or the salary but they are meant to be one of the best in the industry.