#18557 by robk
30 Mar 2007, 00:19
Hi all -
Since I've been flying BA more lately, I've noticed that every couple months I'll get tier points on a flight I wound up cancelling or changing at the airport. There are threads abt this on FlyerTalk but they keep getting closed immediately. I'm curious as to what causes it - there must be something repeatable that triggers it but I can't figure it out. I have no use for more tier points at this point (BA Gold is pretty awful) but it's more out of curiosity than anything.
#165448 by jaguarpig
30 Mar 2007, 15:25
(BA Gold is pretty awful)

I find it quite useful:D

I'll get tier points on a flight I wound up cancelling or changing at the airport

My understanding of this was using online check-in then cancelling the flight and the TPs posted anyway,but this particular glitch has been reported closed,so no bum on seat no TPs.Unless someone knows different[}:)]
#165460 by Speedbird223
30 Mar 2007, 18:03
I don't think the glitch was related to checking in online. I cancelled a flight over the phone around 2 months before the first flight was due to be taken. The tier points posted as it would have had I taken the flight but were removed pretty quickly afterwards.

Whatever the glitch was it was must have been closed as I cancelled a couple of trips in the last few months and the no miles or points showed up.

Just curious as to what it quite so awful about BA Gold...like jaguarpig I find it pretty useful, unless you expect regular upgrades to come with it.
#165495 by robk
31 Mar 2007, 01:39
Hm... I'm still noticing things occasionally posting, so I guess the loophole's not totally closed.

I dislike BA Gold since I don't see any additional value versus my AA Plat status. Lounge access is great (already get it with AA) but I've gotten no preferential treatment really and NEVER any upgrades. In fact, I was once checking in w/ a coworker w/o status at LHR in the R area. She and checked in at the same counter at the same time and SHE was given an op-up despite the fact I was Gold. Grr! Except for the seat chooser (which is standard on all American carriers really) there's no value in BA Gold for me...
#165500 by jaguarpig
31 Mar 2007, 10:26
I dislike BA Gold since I don't see any additional value versus my AA Plat status

How about when flying on AA domestic no lounge access with your AA Plat status.With BA Au you can get into the flagship lounges in LAX and ORD(my favorite) as well as all the ACs without having to buy a membership.
#165586 by McCoy
01 Apr 2007, 11:23
Are there BA tickets you can purchase online that are genuinely FULLY refundable in the event of cancellation?
#165703 by jaguarpig
02 Apr 2007, 12:57
Yep full fare tickets are fully refundable on line.
#165774 by McCoy
02 Apr 2007, 21:19
Then it would appear I must go and investigate this further....
Virgin Atlantic