#166301 by andrew.m.wright
05 Apr 2007, 20:11
And from Sky News yesterday 'BA mis - handle 23 out of every 1000 bags !

No data for VS as they didn't subscribe to the survey :)
#166311 by Bazz
05 Apr 2007, 21:02
Originally posted by pixuk
Good publicity for BA, I guess. But I wonder if they lost their bags?

I don't think they had any bags! They lost their boats though [:0]
#166342 by jerseyboy
06 Apr 2007, 10:46
Originally posted by andrew.m.wright
And from Sky News yesterday 'BA mis - handle 23 out of every 1000 bags !

No data for VS as they didn't subscribe to the survey :)

Just to bring a bit of personal experience to this interesting topic.

I have taken in excess of 84 BA flights with no mishandled luggage with at least 40 of these flights being multi sector with baggage being booked straight through to final destination on first leg checking.

I have taken 6 V/S flights with 1 misplaced luggage incident.

I have flown Flybe 12 flights with 2 misplaced luggage incidents.

I have flown BMI and BMI BABY 20 Flights with no misplaced luggage incidents.
#166346 by willd
06 Apr 2007, 11:20
WOuld have been a bit shocked if they had returned on state run Iran Air [:0]. Great to see them home.
#166349 by mas66
06 Apr 2007, 11:23
Did anyone work out from the news footage what cabin they were in ? .... from the short clips I saw it didnt look like a regular Y cabin or indeed J. Do BA have any 'specials' for unusual jobs ?.

Cheers

Mark :D
#166354 by Pete
06 Apr 2007, 11:42
I understand from the BBC coverage that they came back in business class.
#166421 by mike-smashing
06 Apr 2007, 21:55
It was on a BMED aircraft - G-MEDL, apparently.

The BMED aircraft have the older J-cabin "cradle seat" in 2+2 medium haul config, I think.

Currently it's BMED who fly to Tehran as a BA Franchise, though that will come to an end (at least the BA bit) later this year as the Franchise ends and BMED become absorbed into BMI.

Mike
#166536 by willd
08 Apr 2007, 12:03
Originally posted by mike-smashing
Currently it's BMED who fly to Tehran as a BA Franchise, though that will come to an end (at least the BA bit) later this year as the Franchise ends and BMED become absorbed into BMI.

Mike

Sort of......the aircraft will be in Bmi livery with crew in bmi uniform but crucially the flight will have a BA codeshare on it. Like Bmi/BA do with the Saudi flights.
#166539 by Bazz
08 Apr 2007, 12:37

I wonder what compensation the pax who got bumped down to coach got for their troubles? One lady I saw interviewed was not at all happy.
#166611 by willd
09 Apr 2007, 11:34
Originally posted by Bazz

I wonder what compensation the pax who got bumped down to coach got for their troubles? One lady I saw interviewed was not at all happy.

The Sky correspondant on the flight flew out on the outbound the night before- he was booked in business both ways. He said on Sky, that at Terhan, they were all given a letter from the CEO of Bmed which said that due to exceptional circumstances and recent events in Iran they were asking business pax to downgrade to Y. The correspondant was asked if they got any comp and he said no as Bmed had asked pax to do it as a good will gesture. Apparently they all agreed.
#166617 by Darren Wheeler
09 Apr 2007, 12:34
There's asking and there's asking.

Still, as a good will gesture, those bumped should have got something.
Virgin Atlantic