#809336 by gilly
29 Apr 2012, 21:42
We usually fly UC on VS but the deal with BA to Genada was too good to miss.

So, I know the seats are faced in opposite directions and I know I can't choose without paying a LOT :0 so, if by the time we check-in they have already been allocated and we're unable to change to somewhere most suitable, is it likely we'll be together, one facing one way, the other facing the other way?

I really don't fancy climbing over a stranger or vica versa.
#809338 by Hamster
29 Apr 2012, 22:00
gilly wrote:We usually fly UC on VS but the deal with BA to Genada was too good to miss.

So, I know the seats are faced in opposite directions and I know I can't choose without paying a LOT :0 so, if by the time we check-in they have already been allocated and we're unable to change to somewhere most suitable, is it likely we'll be together, one facing one way, the other facing the other way?

I really don't fancy climbing over a stranger or vica versa.

My main gripe with Club is that when sitting next to your travelling companion, you have to clamber over a strangers legs. Say you are backwards by the windows, your partner next to you facing forward, to get out, you climb over the person behind your partner.
#809608 by RedVee
02 May 2012, 16:09
Hi Gilly

I think the Grenada flight is on a 777. Known by many as the "flying dorm" due to having 8 seats across in Club. However, I think it feels quite spacious as the 777 is a wide bodied jet.

Combinations for a couple would be A&B or J&K - a window seat and the one next to it in a ying/yang pattern. The middle pair E&F are quite good for a couple, both face the same way (backwards) and you are much closer. Downside is that you get served by different crew (E seat from the left aisle, F seat from the right aisle) so you could end up with your food and drinks arriving at slightly different times.

If you are not too bothered about a window two seats across the aisle can work out well (B&D or G&J). Both facing the same direction, served by same crew, close enough to have a conversation, and no strangers legs to climb over (although they will have to hop over you)).

I wouldn't take a D/E combination, or a F/G one, as one of you will end up very close to a stranger.

PS - 2 tips for a CW newbie, don't sit on the buddy seat - its isn't one, its just a footrest. I've seen loads of embarrassed people who didn't realise that. And the button to raise and lower the divider between the seats is on the top - ditto other embarrassed people. Unfortunately, BA are not as good as introducing you to the operation of your seat as VS are in Upper.