#810406 by clarkeysntfc
11 May 2012, 09:48
This might be of interest to some V-Flyers up in "God's own country".

Willie Walsh has said that subject to final agreements with the airport, IAG will start service from LHR to Leeds/Bradford.

Rotterdam and Zagreb were also mentioned.

http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml? ... highlight=
#810422 by northernhenry
11 May 2012, 14:30
That's fantastic news and a big boost to the region. Possibly a growl at BA from somewhere about needing to support regional connections...

If this goes ahead the option of booking thru on BA becomes even more tempting..
#813559 by hat
12 Jun 2012, 15:10
mitchja wrote:Thanks for that. More options for me to get to/from London :)

BD Regional dropped that route last year didn't they?

they dropped it about 4 years ago actually, & then a couple of years ago Flybe dropped their LGW route, leaving LBA without a London connection.

Makes a lot of sense for BA, gets people connected to their long haul routes rather than opting to fly direct out of MCR with someone else. BMI didn't have anything for pax to connect to so the true value in the long haul connection went to other airlines
#815125 by mdvipond
27 Jun 2012, 10:30
willd wrote:Surprised Mdvipond's lack of comment- he must still be out celebrating this excellent news for LBA!

To my immense shame, I've only just picked up on this thread and, consequently, this rather spanking news (Memo to self: must check-in with V-Flyer a little more often...). Has to be said, it's about time, and hopefully BA will be able to run a more reliable, less changeable service the BMI did.

Still, the new service isn't kicking in until December, so no good for our JFK-LHR flight in November, which is a pity.
Virgin Atlantic