#810556 by Mandy Hall
12 May 2012, 18:47
Hi folks,

Investigating a trip across to IAD (planned to be G there and back) for September.

A niggle has arisen in my cunning plan in that the Sunday flight that I would have used to get back up to NCL (11.55 am) no longer exists (dropped in favor of LBA?). The alternative flights are 9.55 and 16.30.

I've tried to shift the VS flights so that I return on the Saturday where the 11.55 exists but the G availability doesn't exist for that (and the return leg is not the one I'd drop ;)).

I would like to go into Revivals but obviously not possible for the 9.55 slot - would 2h40 be sufficient to collect bags etc and recheck in for the BA flight? Last time I did this I used the 11.55 flight and obviously had acres of time even having a long stay in Revivals...

Thanks

MH
#810559 by tontybear
12 May 2012, 19:22
yes 2h40m should be more than OK for a intra LHR connection. The BAA website says to allow 1h30mins going via flight connections but you might be able to do it quicker by going the landside route.

You should be able to through check your luggage to NCL at IAD so that will save time too.
#810560 by Mandy Hall
12 May 2012, 19:31
Tonty,

You should be able to through check your luggage to NCL at IAD so that will save time too.

Oh, never knew that! Thanks for the tip. Last two times we've made this trip we've picked up the bags here. It would make life a lot simpler...

Just checked BA schedules for the week after (I'm not restricted to dates (apart from G availability) and the flight reappears so go figure!
#810565 by clarkeysntfc
12 May 2012, 19:55
If you buy IAD-LHR-NCL on the same ticket through VS your bags will be checked through. You may need to grab a boarding pass for the second leg when you get to T5 though. I'd have no issues with booking the 9.55 flight.