#811627 by MoJoJo
23 May 2012, 06:15
Flew out to Tel Aviv last week for a work meeting and had been allowed by work to book Club. At the time of booking the BA site came up with the same price as earlier in the day but with First on the return flight. Booked as quickly as possible before it went away or the page timed out!

To put it simply -Wow!!!!!

What a way To travel and be made to feel like a VIP. Flying PE will never be the same again
#811633 by preiffer
23 May 2012, 07:46
Hmmm. BA First has no direct comparison on VS.

Economy = Economy
PE = World Traveller Plus
Upper Class = Club World
------ = First

Virgin don't have a "First class" product, so you're comparing two levels above PE...
#811639 by PaulS
23 May 2012, 08:16
I agree, I never thought first could be much better than UC until I tried it with Thai. Flown first with Emirates (suite) and AA. The difference is amazing and whilst I know this is a different product I too have started to notice that you can find first fares a similar prices to UC especially on last minute I.e. on my last trip VS UC to DXB £2780 Emirste first £2900 including car and private suite, plus better flight times. I think the increase in fares (not just VS) means that brand loyalty suffers as passengers seek t find the best price/product accross all airlines
#811645 by MoJoJo
23 May 2012, 08:52
Yes I know and wasn't comparing BA First to VA PE just referring to where I normally get booked into withVA unless UC is a good price or an upgrade is available.

preiffer wrote:Hmmm. BA First has no direct comparison on VS.

Economy = Economy
PE = World Traveller Plus
Upper Class = Club World
------ = First

Virgin don't have a "First class" product, so you're comparing two levels above PE...
#811647 by ratechaser
23 May 2012, 09:11
I know that BA used to run various corporate deals where they would automatically upgrade CW to First on one leg. Is that still going I wonder - I'd actually be quite tempted to give it a try, but it's not advertised in our company's booking system (and believe me, BA must get a lot of revenue from my employer...)
#811705 by Sunshine
23 May 2012, 18:25
Mr Sunshine has to fly BA for corporate travel and often gets upgraded to first on one leg of his trips. I managed to get lucky once and was upgraded when I was with him and it was FAB :D

Sunshine 8D
#811722 by mc_intyre1981
23 May 2012, 20:30
I was due to fly BA First back from DXB in April 2010, but then the volcano went bang and the first flight back into Europe was Emirates Economy into Nice! Maybe one day I will get the chance again!
#811766 by MoJoJo
24 May 2012, 05:19
What I will add is this was my first BA long haul flight in many years after a couple of bad expiriences with them flying to SFO therefore switching to VA regardless of cost.

Couldn't fault BA on this trip from the crew, service, food, seats or aircraft perspective even outbound in Club World which I have to say other than the weird foot stool position (other passenger have to climb over your feet) gives UC a good run for it's money.

I'm now considering BA for a trip to SA in July which I'd never of done before and would even of looked to fly VA to Jo'burg then get an internal flight to Cape Town rather than fly BA.
#811808 by at240
24 May 2012, 13:48
I flew BA First last October having not flown with them long-haul for absolutely ages. My trip report is somewhere on this site. It was a great experience, pretty much faultless on board and way ahead of UC (as one would expect). The ground experience at LHR, though, is matched, if not exceeded, by VS, and I still think that the VS UC seat has an awful lot going for it.
Virgin Atlantic