#811757 by gingerflyer
23 May 2012, 23:49
My return booking from Lisbon to Heathrow on Friday evening is currently in EuroTraveller. When I access the upgrade option in "manage by booking" it says "would you like to upgrade for €98". However, when I select this option and go through to the payment option, the total to pay is €481! I have tried it several times and the same happens. The offer is not "from" but "for". I even called BA customer services to be told that probably the issue is other flights on Friday from Lisbon are offering €98 so the booking system is "confused"!! Rather odd to me but hey ho, but weird that the computer can be confused!
#811776 by pjh
24 May 2012, 08:24
preiffer wrote:Computers are only confused by the idiots who program them... ;)

In my experience is the numpties who do the requirements and specification documents. :w Programmers, like computers, will generally do what they are told..
#811823 by ratechaser
24 May 2012, 17:07
pjh wrote:
preiffer wrote:Computers are only confused by the idiots who program them... ;)

In my experience is the numpties who do the requirements and specification documents. :w Programmers, like computers, will generally do what they are told..

In my experience, the programmers see the requirements as an unnecessary distraction and build what they think the users ought to have... :o)

We could go on... and by the way, I have users, analysts and programmers all working for me, so no particular axe to grind here...
Virgin Atlantic