#815230 by Vegascrazy
28 Jun 2012, 07:53
I'm keen to establish for certain whether or not my newly acquired CX Marco Polo Gold status, courtesy of Amex Plat, gives me BA lounge access? The blurb with the card does not categorically state this but is does say I am One World Sapphire which, I think, means I get BA Lounge access? I looked over on Flyer Talk and someone on this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british- ... t-2.htmlme stated "I doubt that most UK non-FF Amex Plat cardholders will instantly twig that this gives BA lounge access"......

So do us folk who are now Marco Polo Gold get use of BA Terraces when flying BA economy? All advice appreciated :-)

Thanks
James
#815276 by chumba
28 Jun 2012, 19:31
Yes it does, the Marco polo gold gives you one world sapphire status, which allows access to one world partner lounges, the BA one world page states this allows access to first and terraces lounges but not arrivals. ( irresespective of class flown)

Sorry cany post link am using iPhone but. A quick google search for,one world sapphire should bring up,the page. :)
#815453 by Vegascrazy
30 Jun 2012, 18:48
Thanks everyone for your replies, one more question...and I'm sure the answer is no....does it allow a guest to accompany me (if on same flight)?

Cheers
James

**EDIT** Sorry I just followed link above which confirms "Access to Business Class and frequent flyer lounges (with one guest), regardless of the class of service flown that day"
#815761 by David
04 Jul 2012, 10:03
A follow up to this question - when flying BA and using the MP Gold card to get MP benefits, do you need to use the MP number as your frequent flyer number to get benefits or just show it at check-in, lounges etc ?|

thanks

David
#815828 by at240
05 Jul 2012, 08:40
You can just show the card to access the lounge, but you do need to use the CX FF number in the booking if you want to have free seat selection from time of booking.

There is a big thread on the BA FT board about this, and how to manage it all whilst ensuring you earn BA miles and TPs. Swapping the FFP numbers around is usually possible. I can't post the link right now but will try to do so later.
#815840 by David
05 Jul 2012, 10:50
at240

Thanks for reply ( wow, that some thread on FT )

So if I understand it correctly and with help from a reply from our very own RedVee, if travelling on a OneWorld airline, regardless of what FF number is on your booking, you can show your MP card at a BA/OneWorld lounge and gain entry.

I am guessing the same applys for priorty check-in as well ?|

The seat selection thing (avoiding payment of) seems to be quite a bit more complicated, although to honest, that doesnt really bother me too much.

thanks again

David
#815869 by at240
05 Jul 2012, 14:06
I am sure it would be OK just to show the card at priority check-in -- this must happen a lot. Even if you had the CX number in the booking, they'd still have to get started on the check-in process to verify this, so I don't suppose it really matters.
#816149 by RedVee
08 Jul 2012, 22:20
David wrote:So if I understand it correctly and with help from a reply from our very own RedVee, if travelling on a OneWorld airline, regardless of what FF number is on your booking, you can show your MP card at a BA/OneWorld lounge and gain entry.

I am guessing the same applys for priorty check-in as well ?|

thanks again

David

Hi David

Yes, the post you found on FT from me is correct. I have an email confirmation that I carry round from someone in BA that confirms the MPG FF number DOES NOT have to be in your booking to be able to get lounge access when flying with any One World partner. I carry it round, however, because recognition of this can sometimes be poor with some of the BA Lounge agents. Using the card to get priority check in has been less of a problem.

And the "Finnair" trick is quite easy to use your MPG status to assign seats that would otherwise demand a fee from BA. Just use Finnair's equivalent of MMB, put your Cathay number on your booking. Give BA dot com a chance to update, then go and assign your seats for free. I usually leave the Cathay number on redemption bookings , and on revenue ones change it at check in if I want the miles/TPs to credit to BA.
#816232 by RedVee
09 Jul 2012, 21:10
You're welcome. :D

As long as you haven't put any of your party in an exit row, you should be able to change the booking back to your BA Exec number (or any other One World partner you want miles/TPs to go to) without losing your seats.

You might want to wait until t-72 though when the other seats become unblocked (usually row 1 and 2 which are initially reserved for Golds), and see if you want to move again before reverting back.
#816238 by Vegascrazy
09 Jul 2012, 21:46
Thanks again Redvee. I managed to bag Row 2 as that wasn't blocked. As far as the Finnair trick goes, I'm assuming that, instead of going to finnair.com I couldn't have simply gone direct to ba.com and swapped out my BA FF number for my CX one? I guess not, just curious? Incidentally it was all very quick after I'd made the update on finnair.com with an email coming through instantly from "[email protected]". Seat selection for free then opened up instantly on ba.com

Cheers
James
#816324 by RedVee
10 Jul 2012, 13:45
James, you assume correctly. You can't swap out FF numbers on the BA website (although you can add an Avios dot com one I think - not tried it as you don't get tier points that route).

Row 2 is usually my choice on Club Europe, the bulkhead seat arm rests don't move in row 1. And on some flights row 1 is just the DF pair with AC starting in row 2 (of course 2AC are then bulkheads).
#817337 by woggledog
20 Jul 2012, 18:58
Can confirm that access with Marco Polo Gold is fine at Galleries (I'm sat here at the moment having pulled the same stunt). I believe that you also get guest access also.

Don't forget that you also get access to fast track as well (There was only 1 person in front of me at fast track)
#828885 by woggledog
01 Nov 2012, 10:39
I can also conform that the Marco Polo Gold gets you into the Priority Line at terminal 1 at SFO, despite the fact I was flying on Alaska Airlines! The queue was huge and thought that I had nothing to lose, so asked and she said yes!
Virgin Atlantic