#815534 by Vegascrazy
02 Jul 2012, 07:48
The balance transfer 'tool' has now appeared under Manage My Account on ba.com, however I'm struggling! May well be me but has anyone successfully used it yet? The instructions seem simple enough, it states:

If you have destinations miles through the British Midland Diamond Club, you can transfer them to Avios in the British Airways Executive Club, at the same value. To transfer your destinations miles to Avios just click on "Combine my Avios". You will be asked to enter your Executive Club and Diamond Club numbers to complete the transfer so please have your membership details to hand.

The problem though is that when you click through you're not presented with the option to provide your Diamond Club details, instead it seems to be asking for an Avios username & password. I checked my profile on BA Exec Club and noticed there is an option to save a username and password (as for years I've simply used a number and four digit PIN) so completed that then returned to the 'tool'. Alas though I just can't get it to work and ended up on an avios.com page with a message saying Your email address doesn't match our records - please try again ?|
Any ideas?

Thanks
James
#815539 by Daffodil
02 Jul 2012, 09:16
I think I had an email to say the 3rd July would be the date from when you would be able to transfer BMI miles to Avios. Perhaps try again tomorrow and see what happens.
#815541 by slinky09
02 Jul 2012, 09:34
There are some elements of the tool in the BAEC site but for Diamond Club transfers it is only actually available from tomorrow.

Has anyone been successful in combining Airmiles Avios into BA Avios? I keep getting this message but there's nowhere in Airmiles Avios to enter my birthdate ...

Your selected account does not have a date of birth recorded, so you can't use Combine My Avios. Please update your account before trying again
#815550 by Vegascrazy
02 Jul 2012, 10:56
Thanks Slinky. Must admit I was aware of the 3rd July date but when it says as clear as mud on the BA site "Diamond Club members – move destinations miles to Avios" and there's a nice big button to start the process I figured they were ready a day early. Looks like they updated their live site but the reality is the process will not as yet work if you try to use it. Let's see what tomorrow brings....

Cheers
James
#815567 by mcuth
02 Jul 2012, 14:53
Vegascrazy wrote:The balance transfer 'tool' has now appeared under Manage My Account on ba.com, however I'm struggling

As above, it's supposed to be ready from 3rd July, but it seems that BA's web team are trying to copy VS in usability - the following snippet on FT from the BAEC official helper: "We are preparing the website ahead of the transfer tool being available on 03 July so you may see some references to this on ba.com where this will be available, including the terms and conditions." ii)

slinky09 wrote:Has anyone been successful in combining Airmiles Avios into BA Avios?

Yeah, did it straight off when Avios was launched - no problems here :)

Cheers
Michael
#815568 by slinky09
02 Jul 2012, 14:59
mcuth wrote:Yeah, did it straight off when Avios was launched - no problems here :)

Cheers
Michael

Problem seems to be that Avios.com has no record of my d.o.b. and there's no way to enter it online, I have to call and get it added.
#815578 by mitchja
02 Jul 2012, 16:21
There where also several posts on FT about the DOB issue, seems you can only add it online when you initially applied to join EC. Failing that you have to call to get it added.

Be interesting to see how the BA websites copes tomorrow as I'm sure there's going to be many people (including me) doing this from tomorrow.
#815596 by Vegascrazy
02 Jul 2012, 20:34
The tool is now working!! I just used it and am now 80,000 Avios richer :-) It's a litte clunky, in particular there was a pause of at least 40 seconds between screens but - hey - it worked!

Cheers
James
#815598 by DragonLady
02 Jul 2012, 21:18
Vegascrazy wrote:The tool is now working!! I just used it and am now 80,000 Avios richer :-) It's a litte clunky, in particular there was a pause of at least 40 seconds between screens but - hey - it worked!

Cheers
James

Im not quite as rich LOL :) but it worked a dream for me with no wait between screens.
DL
#815603 by slinky09
02 Jul 2012, 21:42
Worked for me, a bit clunky no doubt due to demand, shame it doesn't transfer effective tier points.
#815607 by MrT
02 Jul 2012, 21:54
Thanks for posting... now got a nice chunk of BA miles...
#815608 by mitchja
02 Jul 2012, 21:56
Worked using Windoze/IE, just didn't like Mac/Safari for some reason.

I also didn't expect it to be an instant transfer either :D
Virgin Atlantic