#816111 by Ianflies
08 Jul 2012, 13:58
Hi. Just wanted to acknowledge some great customer service, which no doubt helped BA out too, but which made our holiday, and I wondered, does this often happen?

Ending our holidays in Lake Louise, Canada (beautiful, tranquil and showcasing the Rockies), which also happened to be our wedding anniversary, I received a call in our hotel room on my mobile. Wondering who could be calling me from an Alberta number, I answered the phone. It was BA calling (oh no, cancelling my flight; changing the time; being bumped down [I was in Business]...).

I was due to fly home the next day, Calgary to LHR (he confirmed), but would I instead be interested in flying from Vancouver in First, as well as BA flying us there via Air Canada in Business?

Well, yes, I was interested, and after a quick phone call to ensure I could get to Calgary via our transportation six hours earlier than planned, to make our internal flight to YVR, I confirmed that this is something we could do.

So, in a matter of half an hour, BA had put my wife and I on a J class from YYR to YVR and put us both on F from YVR to LHR. Just by chance I was in the hotel room, not romping through a forest like only half an hour earlier, and picking up that call. They had oversold my original flight, so it was easier form them I understand, but I felt, on my anniversary as well, that this was a very good offer and arriving home 4 hours earlier than planned, and on a 747.

We are only Blue card holders, flying Club (on reward miles or through a travel agency booking mostly) once, perhaps twice a year, and doing First perhaps once every 2/3 years, so I know I am low down on their pecking order, so this 'upgrade' was very welcome and has endeared me more to BA.

I have to say, this was also one of the best F flights I have had (and does beat J on service). I am easily pleased and have little demands, and when I (dared to) ask for the Dungeness Crab AND the soup, the fantastic crew member laughed and said that was what First was all about. It then dawned on me that he was right, and I usually didn't ask for anything other than what was given me, so I ventured further and had a made up 'surf and turf', with the fillet steak and 3 king prawns they kindly warmed up for me (from another main dish) and placed it on top. Delicious, as was the wine, which I could taste this one or that one, until my heart was content (I know, I am naiive).

This really was what First was all about, and we had a fabulous flight, fantastic and attentive crew, great food and wine and an all round good experience (even on 'old' First).

The good news is I have enough miles for another F jaunt upgrade, so now, where do I pick to go?!

Thanks BA, a great surprise, especially for someone low down in the grand scheme of things. A perfect end to a perfect holiday.
#816114 by tontybear
08 Jul 2012, 14:17
amazeballs ! (as Billy would usually say)
#816116 by Jacki
08 Jul 2012, 14:44
Great service and everyone wins ^)
#816461 by jaguarpig
11 Jul 2012, 14:58
Wish I got calls like that from BA,to be fair even the delayed flight ones are useful when you can keep the hotel room.

If I was upgrading to F I wouldn't choose any of the Mixed fleet routes,BOS,LAS,LAX(after August)They truly are abysmal crew.
Virgin Atlantic