#820146 by Sealink
16 Aug 2012, 18:09
Having taken over bmi's 4 x daily service to Heathrow, BA have announced more new services between the two cities.

They will now fly 8 times daily to LHR and will have the first flight of the day to Heathrow. The code share with EI for connecting flights will remain in place.

BA returning to its glory days or slot-sitting?

Story
#820155 by honey lamb
16 Aug 2012, 18:57
Sealink wrote:Having taken over bmi's 4 x daily service to Heathrow, BA have announced more new services between the two cities.

They will now fly 8 times daily to LHR and will have the first flight of the day to Heathrow. The code share with EI for connecting flights will remain in place.

BA returning to its glory days or slot-sitting?

Story

I'd say an element of both. This will raise the capacity of EI/BA to 20 flights a day. In the past few years before the recession bit, EI had 22 flights a day. Obviously the route was oversubscribed as this number did not consider the BD flights at the time.

BTW, BA are not "returning" to Dublin. Although they codeshared the LHR route with EI, they still flew to some of the regional airports in the UK (and I rather think LGW but I stand to be corrected on that) But I know what you mean. After the takeover it was odd being in T1 in LHR and hearing them call BA flights to Dublin and Belfast :D
#820174 by Sealink
16 Aug 2012, 22:05
They definitely flew to LGW and LCY via CityFlier.

"returs" meant that there are flying there now since they took over bmi, but are definitely upping the ante.