#823915 by slinky09
14 Sep 2012, 10:21
Sitting here waiting to fly to Berlin. It's pleasant, the views are cracking, but it ain't no Clubhouse! Do you think I can ask for a mojito?
#823916 by cooperman
14 Sep 2012, 10:29
You should ask for at least 1 ... if only to do a do a CH Mojito comparison

Have a good trip .... and Mojito (mojiti)! ):

Paul
#823987 by slinky09
14 Sep 2012, 18:14
Darren Wheeler wrote:Depends on what answer you expect?

Ahh yes, I'd expect a "blank look" because you see, there isn't actually a bar, just a rack of bottles ...
#823993 by RedVee
14 Sep 2012, 18:41
You would be able to ask for your mojito if you were in the T5 Concorde Room (or JFK) where there are wait staff, a proper bar and waited dining (although bl**dy slow service on occasion.)

CCR access is by virtue of holding a first class ticket on BA only (i.e. not a One World Partner) or by having earned a CCR Card - you need to do A LOT of flying to get one of those. Even the F Lounge (which is more for BA Gold members and is a step up from Galleries), is self service.

Virgin spoils us by having clubhouses that are far, far better than most business class lounges.

Having said that, T5 galleries South and the T5B lounge are not bad places to while away a few hours. T5 North is something different .....usually hugely crowded as most of the domestics depart from that end so churn of PAX is higher.

Not been in a lounge though since the BMI GOld card holders got access, so not sure what is happening with capacity.
#824008 by at240
14 Sep 2012, 20:00
clarkeysntfc wrote:What about champagne?

I believe you have to request champagne from a member of staff -- but it is available.
Virgin Atlantic