#829335 by clarkeysntfc
05 Nov 2012, 12:59
Hello, I've just noticed that the BA AMEX now gives 25,000 Avios if you spend £3k on it within 3 months of signing up. The fee is £150, but you get £45 cashback from Quidco.

This seems like a pretty good way to get some Avios quickly, and if you spend £10k in a year you get a 2 for 1 on a reward flight.

I might apply, as I've already received my PE upgrades + my (near useless) companion vouchers for this year.
#829416 by locutus
05 Nov 2012, 23:30
Get someone to refer you and you get 26k Avios and the referrer gets 9k for £3k spend.

The nice feature with the BAPP card is the companion voucher is valid for two years, which also means you can earn two and use them both at one.

You could also apply for the Amex Platinum card and earn 52k MR points with £2k spend, pay £450 annual fee, but cancel the card once you get the points and transfer to Avios, and get a pro-rata'd refund.

Need a referral? :o)
#829419 by joeyc
05 Nov 2012, 23:48
locutus wrote:Get someone to refer you and you get 26k Avios and the referrer gets 9k for £3k spend.

You could also apply for the Amex Platinum card and earn 52k MR points with £2k spend, pay £450 annual fee, but cancel the card once you get the points and transfer to Avios, and get a pro-rata'd refund.

Wow that is one hell of a way to rack up a good set of Avios.....

Cheers for the tip y) y)