#830226 by ClaireR
14 Nov 2012, 00:19
I've just had my flight cancellation notice for my Manchester to gatwick shuttle next April. The only alternative that has been offered is to fly to heathrow then travel to gatwick for our connecting flight. I don't fancy this at all and wondered if Ba might transfer us onto the AA flights instead. Typically the email arrived after the call centre closed. Does anybody have know if this might be possible?
#830234 by mitchja
14 Nov 2012, 06:24
There's no other alternative flights on the MAN>LGW route. The AA flights will just be the same cancelled BA codeshare flights unfortunately.
#830235 by ClaireR
14 Nov 2012, 07:07
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was going to ask to go on an alternative route as I don't want to fly to one airport then travel to another for my next flight. My other option with AA would be Manchester-New York-Orlando instead of Manchester-Heathrow-Gatwick-Orlando. It's also a quicker routing. We were flying club world for my husbands 40 birthday.
#830311 by ClaireR
14 Nov 2012, 18:58
Spoke to Ba who wouldn't change me to AA or change to another routing with Ba I suggested. They also originally wouldn't refund me but I eventually persuaded them and will get a full refund for all my flights. I'm not pleased but Ba's loss is another's gain
Virgin Atlantic