#831918 by tontybear
05 Dec 2012, 22:06
I posted last week about the current (ends 5th Dec) fares to NYC over Christmas and New Year. I was scouting around on Expedia and a number of airlines were doing similar offers for approx £1300.

I noticed that the BA1 - the LCY service - was included in the cheap fares so I ummed and ahhed and finally decided to book it - basically to (a) say I had done the Shannon Shuffle and (b) try and get over my (probbably irrational but based on a bad TATL flight in Y in 2001!) anti-BA feelings

I actually booked the Iberia code share flights which were about £100 cheaper than the BA 'proper' flight.

Originally, I had only intended to cash in my miles but UC Gs were few and not offering the best times so VS only have themselves to blame!

So feeling a little unclean but not entirely dirty ! :o) :o)
#831919 by Jacki
05 Dec 2012, 22:30
Positively filthy - hang your head in shame and then look forward to the trip
:0 :D :0 :D
#831929 by RLF
05 Dec 2012, 23:02
In the excitement, on the Itinary calendar, looks like you are coming back before you go!!! Not with BA! Guess you aregoing in Jan...

As said before, looking forward to a comprehensive TR...
#831930 by tontybear
05 Dec 2012, 23:05
Yes of course I'll be doing a TR (after I've showered of course!)

hazban wrote:Hope that the "displaced" flight attendants are not on strike by then! :| :|

From what I have read the BA1 flight crew are LGW based and are mixed fleet rather than the 'old' fleet - from my reading of the reports it is the senior 'old fleet' staff that work either LH or SH they want to make redundant rather than the MF staff who work both types of route.

RLF - sorted now and all correct !
#831932 by honey lamb
05 Dec 2012, 23:15
TRAITOR!!!!!!!!

Mind you, I'll forgive you if you write glowing reports about SNN :D
#831948 by locutus
06 Dec 2012, 08:47
I'm doing this flight the next day. The crew seem to really enjoy doing this flight (can't think why?!) so most of the times I've been on it they have been great.

Oh, and 420 TPs helps too.
#832092 by Jacki
08 Dec 2012, 21:09
If it makes you feel better, I've just sold my soul to the devil and booked 12 return seats to Faro on EasyJet. New Grandma duties apparently include taking the family on holiday for 2 weeks in September (if I ever wondered why I worked 12 hour days now I know) so I apologise in advance to any V-flyers travelling on our flights, although I have deliberately pre- booked the first 2 rows to minimise the fallout!
Virgin Atlantic