#835619 by Concorde RIP
22 Jan 2013, 13:04
By end Feb, I will be Silver with BAEC.

My understanding is that this gives me Saphire status within the OneWorld alliance which in turn gives me (amongst other things), lounge access whatever the class of travel with alliance airlines (American for example).

Do I need any specific Saphire evidence (card etc), in order to exercise this?

I'm more than likely going to be doing some US internals this year, and just wnat to avoid pulling out my BA silver card only to be told I needed something else...

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
#835669 by RedVee
22 Jan 2013, 22:02
If you are booking via BA or another Oneworld partner and put your BA membership number on the booking, then your boarding pass will have your O/W Sapphire status on which should be good for lounge access.
#835673 by JCBR
22 Jan 2013, 22:35
The domestic US lounges operate by different rules. You usually need to be a member except for International flights.
Not sure about AA but your *A gold gets you nowhere with UA domestic lounges.
#835694 by RJD
23 Jan 2013, 03:47
My QF Gold (OW Sapphire) gets me into AA lounges but I always need to show BP + Gold card + photo ID. Never had any issues but I mostly use this at ORD so they may be used to it.
#835696 by gingerflyer
23 Jan 2013, 07:39
With AA if you put in at booking it is on the boarding pass (you become group one / priority for boarding). Also means you can choose better seats prior to booking as system recognises status! No issues accessing lounges in several US cities - just show boarding pass on its own normally.
#835706 by slinky09
23 Jan 2013, 10:47
gingerflyer wrote:With AA if you put in at booking it is on the boarding pass (you become group one / priority for boarding). Also means you can choose better seats prior to booking as system recognises status! No issues accessing lounges in several US cities - just show boarding pass on its own normally.

I have found some Admirals Clubs to be a bit backward in recognizing this so it does pay to have your BAEC Ag or Au card with you.
#835856 by SteveA
24 Jan 2013, 23:47
As already said, just put your BAEC card number into the booking if its AA. You then get lounge access and also get premium seat choice without charge and boarding. It works quiet well with AA.
Virgin Atlantic