#839173 by Pete
28 Feb 2013, 19:20
Hello All,

Posting this in the BA forum since I'm looking for some volunteers for a project I'm working on regarding BA. Not a particularly well-kept secret, but BA Flyer is on its way, and I'm recruiting the moderating team.

If you'd like to get in on the ground level of the project, drop me a PM with a couple of words about your experience flying with BA and any additional relevant experience moderating internet forums.

BA Flyer will be very much a sister site to V-Flyer rather than a rival, so I won't be asking anyone to divide their loyalties!

Pete
#839197 by buns
28 Feb 2013, 20:59
Miss G wrote:Sounds very exciting Pete, can't wait to see it.

Would have loved to have been involved, but sadly, it's been about 10 years since I last flew BA!

That's a ditto from Me :D :D

Never know, the Site might change my flying habits ): ):

buns
#839198 by Hamster
28 Feb 2013, 21:00
Sounds great. Especially as I have recently moved everything over from VS to BA.

Not too much experience as only done a few flights since the summer, but its building up! But I'm sure you'd rather someone else anyway.

Is there an estimated launch date?
#839214 by RedVee
28 Feb 2013, 22:19
Pete, I would have loved to have helped out but my migration and new job in New Zealand is likely to taken up most of my energies in the next year. Not all of us who post in the FT BA forum are vicious, in fact the majority aren't :) Check out the EU261 compensation thread for a masterclass in the power of consumer collaboration.

Problem over there is quite often the number of one time posters who are just there to vent/rant - not something we see a lot on V-Flyer, thank (insert the deity of your choice here). Add in an international dimension (rather than the largely "British" culture here) and the potential for disagreement rises exponentially.

Good luck with the new venture though. I am sure it will be a great success y) ^

Ooh, just realised it is my 9th anniversary on V-Flyer on the 3rd - where did those years go :0 And only 4 little planes/866 posts too
#839219 by Silver Fox
28 Feb 2013, 22:44
clarkeysntfc wrote:I hope it's more friendly than the BA section of Flyertalk!

So long as you sit in seat 64K, never call their "child" ugly, and post regularly from the "flounge" dahhhhhhlings, you'll be fine ! Oh, and occasionally moan that the champagne wasn't Dom or whatever it is they say they drink, and you are good to go.
#839230 by ratechaser
01 Mar 2013, 00:58
I have to say that I fly BA a great deal more than VS, but as it's almost exclusively to Belfast (bar the occasional holiday flight), I'm probably not that well qualified. I shall however be watching this one with interest, because my loyalties are quite finely balanced at the moment.

Actually, let's be honest here, if it weren't for the clubhouses, and the more flexible policy of letting extra children in (paid) as an AU, I'd probably have shifted to the dark side already!
#839231 by ratechaser
01 Mar 2013, 01:00
Silver Fox wrote:
clarkeysntfc wrote:I hope it's more friendly than the BA section of Flyertalk!

So long as you sit in seat 64K, never call their "child" ugly, and post regularly from the "flounge" dahhhhhhlings, you'll be fine ! Oh, and occasionally moan that the champagne wasn't Dom or whatever it is they say they drink, and you are good to go.

Actually, I was thinking that perhaps you should post on that board to see if any mods there would like to defect. Wonder what sort of response you'd get....
#839258 by Concorde RIP
01 Mar 2013, 10:40
Pete - I fly BA a lot these days, but have no moderating experience, nor do I really have the time.

However, looking forward to this with great interest - will V-flyers get any kind of "partnership" deal when joining?
#839265 by Sealink
01 Mar 2013, 11:20
Apart from half a dozen CE flights over the years and rather more domestic, I would put myself firmly in the 'non plussed' section of BA opinions.

There's a massive BA fan on Business Traveller called VintageKrug. Although his recent post was to say "I'm not going to reveal how to get A, B or C because then everyone will know and I won't be special' or words to that effect. I had a feeling it might be our own Ian Sinclair Romanis but maybe not!
Virgin Atlantic