#841235 by hiljil
22 Mar 2013, 10:47
An excellent price caused me to book BA (sorry!)and also because Tampa Airport sounds a good alternative to Orlando and Miami (!!!).
It will be my first time in CW and the nearer my trip gets the more I keep remembering Honey Lamb's horror stories about climbing over people's feet. I want to keep my window seat but at 5'8 ( I am old school- don't use metres)and reasonably agile for my age ( :0 )should I realistically be able to cope , please ?!
Any reassurance gratefully received ! ?|
Thank You.
hiljil
#841242 by Concorde RIP
22 Mar 2013, 12:18
Hi!

I really wouldn't worry too much about it - I think at 5.8 you won't have too many problems. Only thing to watch is if there is any turbulance underway at the time, you may wish to be more cautious and hang on to sides/seatbacks as appropriate whilst stepping over.

Most folks only stretch out and use the full bed length when settling down to sleep, and this will more than likely be when you want to do the same...

As HL has written, it's bathroom visits you probably need to plan a little more carefully if you want to avoid the strangers-feet-dance as much as possible.

If your neighbour (assuming you have one, of course) looks as if he/she is preparing to settle down, take that oportunity to leap out as use said little room.

I'd also say, it would be good just to exchange a few words, perhaps making a joke of the stranger-feet-stepping-over-dance or such like, breaking the ice like that will de-stress the whole situation for you.

Hope this helps a little - and enjoy your flight!
#841245 by hiljil
22 Mar 2013, 12:31
Thank you so much for that Concorde RIP . Some excellent advice and reassurance ! y)
Regards
hiljil