#845838 by someone95
13 May 2013, 19:22
So I will be flying with BA this year return LHR - ICN in WT+. I am trying to find out more about the service that this cabin receives. Have looked on ba website but it is quite vague. i was wondering if anyone had previous experience of WT+ also with reference to meals is it just the main meal from club world menu or are all meals from business class?
sorry if this post isn't in the right place wasn't sure where else to put it.
#845841 by at240
13 May 2013, 19:59
I think it is just the main course of the main meal service that is from the CW menu.
#845856 by Hamster
14 May 2013, 02:56
Take a look here
Hopefully that's a little helpful.
#845865 by Concorde RIP
14 May 2013, 09:41
WTP is a good product, and the main course will be from Club.

I'd say that the Virgin PE product has the edge, but that really, really depends on which aspects of the service are important to you.

My recent experience is that the food/drink offering is level or better in WTP, whilst the seat and seat area are probably marginally less spacious (but it is very marginal).

The cabin ambience is less impressive than with Virgin, but then, on the main decks it's fairly much even.

All in all, I'd say the offering is pretty close, but VS would win (just) for most people.

Hope that helps a little...
#845868 by vsharan1
14 May 2013, 11:03
The service guide (from Hamster's link) is bang on and Concorde RIP's comments are probably the general consensus on the matter. I would just add that if you are lucky enough to be on one of the low J B744's, the WTP cabin is between First and Club, and it feels very exclusive and spacious, there is a dedicated member of crew serving it, and its own lavatory. On all their other long-haul aircraft it is where you'd expect it to be, behind Club and in front of economy. Here it feels like the usual run of the mill WTP product. The only aircraft where this may differ is on the new B773, where the new WTP product is supposed to be really good, but neither have I been able to try it nor have I seen any detailed TR about it.
My overall view: VS PE on a good day [i.e. when the crew is on the ball] is unbeatable. BA WTP is consistent, at a level below that, but still manages to beat VS PE on a mediocre day.
#845885 by jwhite9185
14 May 2013, 17:58
I was lucky enough to get the new WTP on a 772 on the way back from ATL last month. It was miles ahead of the older WTP that i had on the 744 on the way out.

It was swings and roundabouts compared to VS really though. No priority boarding etc, but the meals were very tasty. Just depends what means the most to you personally really.
#845905 by someone95
14 May 2013, 20:19
Many thanks for all of your swift replies. Looking at the guide on BA flyer, it does as you rightly said that the main course comes from the business menu. Also looking further down the guide it says that flights arriving in the morning receive a business class hot breakfast. Is this correct as I have never seen it advertised before?
One other question with regards to new WTP, at the moment the flight is showing as a B772, are all of these aircraft fitted with new WTP or is it just some?
#845934 by Concorde RIP
15 May 2013, 09:41
Yes, business class breakfast is correct.

The use of CW breakfast and main course was a fairly recent uplift in service.

Can't comment on the fleet question - sorry.
#845937 by clarkeysntfc
15 May 2013, 10:07
All the 777-300's have new WT+ and WT along with the latest AVOD IFE.

The 4 class G-VII* and G-ZZZ* registered 777-200's have new WT+ and WT, along with the latest AVOD IFE.

All the other 777's which are G-YMM* registered have the old WT+/WT and won't be getting an update. They have the older AVOD IFE. It's very likely the ICN route would get one of these aircraft as these 200's have longer range than the earlier delivered ones.
#845962 by someone95
15 May 2013, 16:49
thank you again for the replies and help. Looking at a log online it seems that the flight is mostly operated by B772 with registration MM* so it is looking unlikely that we will get new WTP.
There have been reports of frequent op-ups on this route due to very light loads in premium cabins. I had a relative who flew out with his wife to ICN, their first ever trip on BA not even signed up to the executive club who were upgraded from WTP to CW. I was wondering whether someone could do a load check for BA17 on 29th July 2013 just to get an idea as to how full the flight is. I am not sure how to do load checks myself.
#845964 by kayzers
15 May 2013, 17:18
Me and a pal were upgrades to WT+ last July on a flight to Newark. We were upgraded at the gate. I've never flown any other PE product unfortunately but for me it wasn't much better than the VS economy experiences I've had. My main meal was served on a real plate but wasnt very nice (fish pie). They weren't very good with serving refreshments although I was offered water frequently. The good thing was I could stretch my legs fully - the IFE was really poor quality and the screen felt tiny. I flew with VS to barbados last month and felt the EConomy product was superior to my WT+ BA experience. But perhaps this was down to planes, I don't know.

Here are some links to images from my flight....The first is my meal and the second is just the IFE screen and some idea of the space in front

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402945_10151013366241641_566254082_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319343_10151013366541641_1948578930_n.jpg
#845968 by David
15 May 2013, 18:27
BA 17 0
LHR 29/07/13 1:40 PM

ICN30/07/13 8:25 AM

88% / 32m

F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S6 N1 G0

David
#845971 by someone95
15 May 2013, 19:28
Many thanks tho both of you for rapid responses.
Kayzers : Thanks for the photos and information regarding you previous flight. Sadly it looks like we will get old WTP but it may change.

David: Also thank you for the load check. From reading this it seems like pretty open flight if I am interpreting it right. I was just wondering which class the G, N and S fares are in as these seem to have the lowest availability?. Although there are still two months before the flight, reports seem to be that it is a quiet route so there is the possibility of op-up or paid upgrade. Current prices however from WTP to CW are £974.50 pp per sector which is fairly expensive.
#846368 by SteveA
21 May 2013, 21:11
Unfortunately you won't get an opup on BA unless the flight is oversold. They do seems to favor new passengers though (many posts on FlyerTalk about this), and often ignore their FF's which makes no sense.

Personally I prefer the VS PE product, but BA's FF program suits me better as I can keep status and use miles to upgrade, which with VS is impossible as I always ended up with non up-gradable fares due to company policy of cheapest WTP+ / PE fare.
Virgin Atlantic