#849421 by clarkeysntfc
24 Jun 2013, 22:59
Looked at a trip to Tampa next Feb or Easter, and saw online BA WT+ flights & car for £930 each for a week during half term.

Tried to book the same via VS, computer said not possible as a single deal.

VH were equally hopeless, website crashed when I entered Tampa as the destination, then via the phone I spoke to a rather arrogant chap who tried to justify a VH price that was over 50% more as being "because we're better than BA anyway".

Anyway, booked the BA deal online in about 5 minutes flat it was a doddle.

Can't say I'm overwhelmed with joy at flying WT+ over PE, but direct flights to TPA are a big plus and it'll be interesting to try the competition.

Roll on 15th Feb :)
#849448 by Concorde RIP
25 Jun 2013, 09:49
And TPA is such a joy (relatively speaking) over MCO...

I did my last return from TPA on BA having flown into MCO, and the difference in stress is significant.

You've a while to wait obviously, but enjoy the trip when it comes around!
#849670 by PaulS
26 Jun 2013, 20:26
Have to agree its just getting harder and harder to fly VS. just spent all day organising our new year trip to Phuket via Hong Kong. Tried VS first and 3x UC over £15k although both expert flyer and flight stats showing plenty of availability. Added to this I will need connecting flights from Alicante. Then tried BA and with connecting flights included less than £7K plus both trips on upper deck on the new A380. so BA booked and now I will stay with them as I am likely to reach gold.
#849682 by clarkeysntfc
26 Jun 2013, 21:25
The degradation of the VS PE product, and our poor experience on the VS9 over Easter didn't help the VS case in retaining our loyalty (see TR).

PaulS - agree about the ease of booking, it was a piece of cake to book the flights + car deal via ba.com. Virgin were a classic 'computer says no' case.

Direct flights in to TPA both ways are a big selling point too, especially after our traumatic return trip in April involving a sprint across EWR (reminds me I owe V-Flyer a TR).
#849723 by hiljil
27 Jun 2013, 09:14
Have to agree about pricing and now that I have tried Tampa airport again I have to say I am finding it difficult to consider VS for the next couple of trips - despite preferring UC to CW. Head ( & pocket ) over heart time I am sorry to say.
:(
Virgin Atlantic