#860324 by jfenney
27 Oct 2013, 09:40
Just read that from October 31st the BA arrival lounge at Gatwick is to close as the contract is due for renewal . They say less than 5% of passengers who could use it was using it.

Another good reason why Virgin is worth it I think :D
#860325 by David
27 Oct 2013, 10:13
Have used it a few times when it was also a pp arrivals lounge and was very welcome when you have a long wait for a connection back to Scotland.

Always wished VS had replaced their arrangements when the lounge they used closed at Gatwick. Even though it's in the north terminal, I wonder if Sofitel might offer them a deal to use it. - fingers crossed. y)

David.
#860326 by gumshoe
27 Oct 2013, 10:56
I doubt it's financially viable for VS to have or use an arrivals lounge at LGW. They only have, what, 6 or 7 flights a day there, mostly using 747s with only 14 UC seats.

Add a handful of AUs per flight and allow for the fact that some flights use A333s with their bigger UC cabin and you're probably looking at roughly 150 eligible pax a day.

Even if 10% of them used the lounge - double what BA claim - that's only 15 people a day. Certainly not enough to justify having their own lounge and probably not enough to justify the rental of a shared lounge.