#863440 by Hull
27 Dec 2013, 16:28
In just over a week I'm flying BA to YVR in Coach :0 I have been getting way too used to UC and was wondering if anyone is familiar with their Upgrades policy.

Having checked on Flightstats the back of the Plane is full there only appears to be space in CW and F

I only have about 25000 Avios in my BA account but I am One World Sapphire (courtesy of Amex) not sure if that counts for anything.

I haven't flown BA long haul for many years (10) and last time I was asked at the gate if I minded being upgraded to CW from Coach, of course I didn't protest ):

Many thanks
Dominic
#863441 by Hamster
27 Dec 2013, 16:33
If you are booked into WT you can only upgrade to WT+ and only if in an upgradable bucket.

BA only let you upgrade 1 cabin.
#863442 by Hull
27 Dec 2013, 16:38
Hamster wrote:If you are booked into WT you can only upgrade to WT+ and only if in an upgradable bucket.

BA only let you upgrade 1 cabin.

Thanks, looks like I'm stuck in WT then, it's gonna be a shock to the system.
#863692 by rosiehola
31 Dec 2013, 21:49
I was booked into World Traveller Plus and was upgraded to Club, a lovely surprise at departure gate. I was told the World Traveller Plus Cabin was over booked and was told as I was an executive member (only blue) that made me eligible for an upgrade. They said it's usually gold and silver members that get upgraded but there wasn't any in my cabin, so I was next eligible....
Virgin Atlantic