#864101 by starquake
09 Jan 2014, 12:48
After a year of VS and other carrier travel where I'm likely to fall 6TP short of Gold ---- and could have made it by moving one flight away from BA....

I've now found I'll have less flexibility on the VS/DL BNA routing I do 3-4 times a year - and others, and likely having to move 20%-30% of my flights to BA (not from VS though except on this one routing) before I can even start taking advantage of VS/DL partnership in earnest. All beancounter rules sadly - some can be worked around to get a decent flight, some cannot.

Now I have OW Sapphire courtesy of Amex plat's CX deal until ~ Jan 2015, but my BA EC avios account is down to nil - and my AA account ditto (all used on rewards on latter). I'm thinking using BA EC for all OW bookings.

Would the BA flyers here suggest using BA to gain status - OR retain CX gold. CX miles seem pointless on all bar routes to hong kong.

Equally could I use my CX gold card to get access to T5 lounges (as no PP option) even when flying with a BA EC account on the flight? (90% of my flights are PE). If I can this seems best option? What do you guys think. Retaining CX gold is trivial with the new Amex mileage requirement too - it's effectively 3 flights on my routings from what I can tell.

Thanks for opinions. Just will have an impact from May onwards when I'll be transatlantic bound at least once a month sometimes twice.
#864108 by Hull
09 Jan 2014, 15:06
Hi there,

I am a lowly EC Blue member and I flew from LHR-YVR in World Traveller and was able to use my CX Gold to gain access to the BA Terraces Lounge in T5 on Monday for myself and a guest so you can at least enjoy that.