#872585 by pjh
13 May 2014, 08:35
catsilversword wrote:The food is that bad???

I only experienced the offering in the T3 Galleries lounge, and it was not great. Coronation chicken or chilli, as I recall...oh, and a soup.
#872586 by at240
13 May 2014, 08:40
catsilversword wrote:The food is that bad???

I wouldn't say it is bad, just inadequate. I don't fly BA very often, and last year when I did I went to Plane Food to get a picnic bag, because there was simply nothing in GC that was at all appealing (and I am not fussy!).
#872620 by gumshoe
13 May 2014, 12:45
It's buffet style - at meal times they put out trays of hot gloop (curry, chilli, pasta etc) and jacket potatoes, otherwise it's soup, sandwiches, salad & nibbles. Plus a self service bar.

It fills a hole but it's a million miles away from the all day hot a la carte menu and full cocktail bar in the Clubhouse.
#872623 by pjh
13 May 2014, 13:16
gumshoe wrote:hot gloop

Perfect description....not bad, just...gloopy. :)
#872712 by pjh
14 May 2014, 08:48
catsilversword wrote:And no champagne, I assume..... :(

Again, speaking only from my T3 experience, certainly no self serve champagne though others have reported that if you could find a member of staff you could ask for a glass.
#872771 by Blacky1
15 May 2014, 06:44
catsilversword wrote:I didn't think it was self-serve anymore at a clubhouse??? What am I missing?!

I think pjh was referring to the galleries lounge not the CH
#872773 by ratechaser
15 May 2014, 07:14
Blacky1 wrote:
catsilversword wrote:I didn't think it was self-serve anymore at a clubhouse??? What am I missing?!

Neither galleries club or the CH have self serve champagne, but the difference (IMO) is that it's not at all obvious in galleries that it's available at all - the other wines are put out self service, and the first time I visited, I assumed there just was nothing fizzy on offer.

Galleries first is a bit better (especially the one at T3), self serve and a decent breakfast buffet. Still no CH though...
#872784 by pjh
15 May 2014, 08:09
Blacky1 wrote:

I was indeed referring to the Galleries Lounge in T3, and not the CH, thanks for picking up on that
Virgin Atlantic