#866999 by DragonLady
22 Feb 2014, 22:43
The rest of us mere mortals follow.... Given VS have pulled the HKG- SYD route I've looked to be more creative in my next trip down under so BA it is ( well F to HKG at least ).
I hope I'm not going to be disappointed after the lovely F Suites in EK :0 .
DL
#867001 by waldenhall
22 Feb 2014, 22:59
Hi

Had the same problem and did look at BA PE which is what we were going to do with VS but Virgin waited till the sales had finished v( before telling us the good news...
We decide to go with China Eastern as their Business class was £500 more than the VS PE that we had booked and we get an overnight in Shanghai on the way back in the Ramada. The food might be a little iffy from various reports on Skytrax and the lounges are not clubhouses to be sure, BUT the seats look really good... I'll try to do a trip report if anyone is interested as their fares are pretty keen and providing they keep to time only get into SYD a couple of hours later.
Could be good and open up new affiliation with skyteam for future travels.

Bob
#867010 by HWVlover
23 Feb 2014, 11:20
northernhenry wrote:And the exodus begins....

It is Etihad for me on ABD7 to OZ, I have a gold card (status match to EK) with them so will have a look at the lounges too.

54 days.......not that I am counting.
ii) ii) ii) ii)
#867021 by honey lamb
23 Feb 2014, 17:38
DragonLady wrote:The rest of us mere mortals follow....
DL

I don't know whether I deserve such status as accorded by DL but I hope that that following does not include my penchant for disaster! ): :0 ):

northernhenry wrote:And the exodus begins....

My decision to book a BA flight was based solely on the F fare and the fact that it was lower than CW. If that had not been the case I would have booked VS, so not an exodus but a mild aberration! :P
Virgin Atlantic