#867480 by hiljil
28 Feb 2014, 12:13
Those of you who read my earlier warning about BA changing paid for seats may like to know that ,once again, on checking my booking I discovered our seats had been moved. We had gone from 5JK to 1FG - nice middle seats .... No change of plane this time, same config. When I looked at the seat map, lo and behold, 5JK were showing as now available !!! So I moved us back quickly !!!!!!
Two telephone calls to apologetic hand wringing polite ladies later I was told that speaking to anyone else in authority would only result in me being told the same thing - operational reasons .But how can that be when our original seats were still showing and allowed me to re-book ?! I was asked to email my query and I await a telephone call - probably with the same result, "Operational reasons " !!!!

I am beginning to think someone at BA is taking the **** and now I check the seat map several times a day ! I don't want to be in the middle and I paid for my seats nearly a year ago.

End of rant.
Paranoid hiljil :(! v( n(
#867483 by Bretty
28 Feb 2014, 13:02
To quote someone famous, "calm down dear!" It is annoying though. Hope you manage to keep your seats.

Bretty
#867497 by pjh
28 Feb 2014, 15:02
I think the moral of the tale is that the grass isn't always greener.
#867619 by lilmo
02 Mar 2014, 12:37
This sort of links with "Advance Seat Reservations - important to who " as where we sit matters to some of us - like hiljil. I know some people have had their seats changed by Virgin ( & some voluntarily change onboard)but it does seem a rare occurrence compared with BA.
I must say I am horrified by the seemingly random change of seat for hiljil and it has really made me think very carefully about flying BA.
I had been tempted !
#867627 by joeyc
02 Mar 2014, 14:03
Wow, sorry to read of your plight hiljil....

How can this series of mysterious events be operational reasons too?? Original seats kicked, but then still selectable :? Sounds like a bit of a computer glitch to me.
#867633 by Petmadness
02 Mar 2014, 15:32
joeyc wrote:Wow, sorry to read of your plight hiljil....

How can this series of mysterious events be operational reasons too?? Original seats kicked, but then still selectable :? Sounds like a bit of a computer glitch to me.

Have they employed the VS IT team on their system?? n(

I hope all works out satisfactorily for you Hiljil :)
#867635 by marshy11
02 Mar 2014, 15:47
Are BA on twitter? That's the sort of question perfectly suited for them to answer in public.
#867643 by hiljil
02 Mar 2014, 16:55
I am not signed up to Twitter, Facebook or anything else like that, so I can't pose a question.
But thank you for the suggestion.
#867650 by PaulS
02 Mar 2014, 17:34
lilmo wrote:This sort of links with "Advance Seat Reservations - important to who " as where we sit matters to some of us - like hiljil. I know some people have had their seats changed by Virgin ( & some voluntarily change onboard)but it does seem a rare occurrence compared with BA.
I must say I am horrified by the seemingly random change of seat for hiljil and it has really made me think very carefully about flying BA.
I had been tempted !

BA operate approx 250 flights a day more than VS so an increase in aircraft change is more likely. On thus occasion Hiljil has been unlucky because of the change in aircraft configoration but I have to say in over 30 flights with BA last year I only experienced one problem when the aircraft I was returning to LGW from ALC had gone tech after I had checked in online and whilst I still had the same seat number I had lost my legroom seat. I politely asked whilst boarding if a leg room seat was available and after checking her iPad the CSM returned and moved me one row forward and kept the seat next to me empty. That a great way to look after your gch.
Virgin Atlantic