#868200 by Fuzzy14
11 Mar 2014, 12:45
During the summer BA run two flights each day from Gatwick to MCO. BA2037 at 1145 and BA2039 at 1350. I booked the afternoon flight because the connection for the morning flight is a little tight (see previous a v-flyer question!)

A few weeks after booking the flights, I got the following email from British Airways:
“We regret to inform you that flight BA2039 on 3 July has been cancelled. We have tried to find the best alternative service and have re-booked you accordingly.”

The “best alternative service” was the same flight, BA2039 at the same time, 1350 on the previous day, 2 July. This was rather inconvenient for me, I had to change bookings for my return flights (which BA didn’t do automatically), villa, car hire, travel insurance, airport lounge, theme park tickets, works holidays, but I got there in the end.

Now, a few months later, I was checking prices when I noticed that my cancelled flight, the 1350 is still there. Indeed what BA have done is “cancelled” BA2039 and moved BA2037 from 1145 to 1350, but bumped me off the flight.

This has irritated me, I understand that if flights aren’t selling for operational reasons airlines cancel them and at the time I wasn’t bothered as these things happen. But now I know my cancelled flight was a lie. The flight I was due to go is still there but under a different number. Why didn’t they move the morning flight passengers to the previous day? Why didn’t they ‘move’ me onto the different flight number at the same time (there is still space, I checked.) I just feel like BA have wasted my time and caused stress for no reason.

Just having a moan, nothing I can do about it. :#
#868218 by hiljil
11 Mar 2014, 15:10
I really feel for you . I would hate to have to alter villa, car hire etc etc. In fact sometimes it just is not possible. At the moment, due to several seat changes made by BA I am checking my seat map daily in case we are suddenly moved to the middle in CW again.

Good luck with dealing with BA ! After customer services couldn't answer my question other than quoting Operational Reasons they recommended I send an email. I did this and ticked the box saying I would like a reply by telephone. Over a week later I got an email reply completely disregarding my question and explaining, what I had already acknowledged in my email that I understood about Operational Reasons, that sometimes BA had to change the plane so there would be a different configuration .... At this point I have given up .......

n(
#873223 by Fuzzy14
20 May 2014, 13:34
Well after 6 weeks of being passed from a simply enquiry with Exec Club to a full blown complaint, they blamed "operational reasons".

The flight was cancelled so they put me on the same flight number the previous day. For them to put me on the same flight at the same time on the same day but with a slightly different flight number would cause a disaster of biblical proportions; Old Testament real wrath of God type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria

I'll just let it drop...
#873286 by Sealink
20 May 2014, 22:19
Fuzzy14 wrote:Well after 6 weeks of being passed from a simply enquiry with Exec Club to a full blown complaint, they blamed "operational reasons".

The flight was cancelled so they put me on the same flight number the previous day. For them to put me on the same flight at the same time on the same day but with a slightly different flight number would cause a disaster of biblical proportions; Old Testament real wrath of God type stuff, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria

I'll just let it drop...

I would be tempted to post that on their Facebook page!
#873297 by Bretty
21 May 2014, 01:55
I agree with Sealink there Fuzzy, let 'em have it.
#873320 by Concorde RIP
21 May 2014, 11:35
That is really poor.

Unfortunately, the Ts & Cs are totally in their (and all other airlines) favour - if you cancelled the flight you are now on "for operational reasons", and booked the original flight (time different number), you'd be charged for it...

If you've gone through the hastle of changing everything else to match the new dates, you probably don't want to undo it all again anyway.

Very poor indeed...
#873322 by clarkeysntfc
21 May 2014, 11:38
Sealink wrote:
Fuzzy14 wrote:Well after 6 weeks of being passed from a simply enquiry with Exec Club to a full blown complaint, they blamed "operational reasons".

I'll just let it drop...

You can't post on BA Facebook!
#873324 by Fuzzy14
21 May 2014, 11:55
Sealink wrote:I would be tempted to post that on their Facebook page!

I would but Dan Aykroyd and the estate of Harold Ramis might want a royalty payment for use of the quote...
#873352 by marshy11
21 May 2014, 15:34
clarkeysntfc wrote:
Sealink wrote:

I'll just let it drop...

You can't post on BA Facebook!

No but they are on twitter @British_Airways - you could link them here to your post within the 140 character limit OP.
Virgin Atlantic