#872823 by lightbodyae
15 May 2014, 15:24
Hi All
This is my first post so be gentle if I make a mistake or two!!

My wife who is disabled and I are looking to do a fly drive holiday to Eastern USA next year. She will be using her wheelchair to get from terminal to a/c as she can only walk a few steps.
We will be flying from Edinburgh to NYC, and due to my wife's disability we need to be in PE or above.

I have been trying to compare various PE cabins on different airlines, and I came accross Openskies Prem+ which looks interesting with a seat pitch between 48 and 52 inches depending on which web site you read. The only disadvantage I can see at present is that this flies from Paris Orly.

I wondered if anyony on the forum had flown with Openskies before and if so what was there view on it, if not has anyone any information on this flight/company.

I understand that they are part of BA.

Any infomation will be greatfully received.

AL
#873157 by Blacky1
19 May 2014, 21:20
Don't like seeing a first post go unreplied but unfortunately I can't help much other than to say it maybe worth posting the same question on BA flyer which is an off shoot of this site
You may have more luck there .
Welcome to v-flyer by the way
#873165 by Virginlondon
19 May 2014, 22:32
I haven't flown open skies but it is part of BA. I've read some reviews, which are positive on flyertalk under BA. On the open skies websites the seats look very comfortable.
#873170 by joeyc
19 May 2014, 23:26
Welcome to the forum 8D

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but flying from EDI to ORY will involve another stop over at LHR which might not be ideal given your circumstance.

Have you considered VS from EDI-LHR-NYC.. or even BA from EDI-LHR-NYC? Fewer a/c changes and good onboard products all the way through.

I am slightly reticent to suggest them but United run a direct EDI-EWR service... Personally they are not my favourite airline, but if you need a simple flight itinerary straight through to destination it may be one to consider.
#873175 by lightbodyae
20 May 2014, 08:03
Hi guys

Thanks for the replys.

by Joeyc
Welcome to the forum

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but flying from EDI to ORY will involve another stop over at LHR which might not be ideal given your circumstance.

Have you considered VS from EDI-LHR-NYC.. or even BA from EDI-LHR-NYC? Fewer a/c changes and good onboard products all the way through.

I am slightly reticent to suggest them but United run a direct EDI-EWR service... Personally they are not my favourite airline, but if you need a simple flight itinerary straight through to destination it may be one to consider.

Hi Joeyc
I have flowen BA WT+ in 2005 from LHR-MIA-LHR and oit must have been on the oldest 747 in the fleet, the seat was most uncomfatable the service very surley from the crew, and when the blob of food arrived i sent it back as unfit for human consumption. The return must have been on the same a/c because you would have got less noise at a status quo concert.

I have considered virgin PE however for a couple of quid more the Openskies Prem+ product looks far superior than virgin's PE, however we will see what the 787 product brings, that may change the ideas.

I know it will enatail a a/c change at LHR if we do this run, however it will be T5 at LHR so no need to change terminals.

Having looked at United product it does not inspire me to fly direct with them.

Thanks again guys for the replys

AL
#873181 by joeyc
20 May 2014, 09:56
lightbodyae wrote:Hi Joeyc
I have flowen BA WT+ in 2005 from LHR-MIA-LHR and oit must have been on the oldest 747 in the fleet, the seat was most uncomfatable the service very surley from the crew, and when the blob of food arrived i sent it back as unfit for human consumption. The return must have been on the same a/c because you would have got less noise at a status quo concert.

Hi AL, sounds like a terrible flight and whilst BA crew attitudes still see-saw about the same amount as a moody teenager, the onboard offerings have become a touch better.

I dont blame you re. United :P
#874769 by starquake
06 Jun 2014, 16:52
I have to agree BA WT+ on Miami route is the worst flight I've taken - and a real comparison to their 777 service to/from Atlanta, which is superb in WT+. I would have been put off flying BA ever again if it was not for the excellent Atlanta route (which sadly I can't take this year as it's fully booked 2 months ahead).

Tired planes, surly food, noisy, and not enough toilets was my comments. I don't expect Club or WT+ users to be waiting 30 mins for loos - yet we all were on last flight - due to people taking an absolute age in there. Load factor was high on the route - full in all classes too, so not something BA can replace with a smaller plane.

Until I see BA replacing the planes on this route, I personally will not be flying them again to or from Miami. VS getting more business from me due to this.
#874783 by marshy11
06 Jun 2014, 18:51
I hope the OP comes back to update.....it may help others in a similar situation.
Virgin Atlantic