#874236 by MoJoJo
31 May 2014, 15:06
Some may or may not of seen my comment regards my recent outbound flight to Dubai on BA which was not really my choice as would of preferred to by on VS but at time of booking the work trip BA had a sale on so were £1K cheaper. On board I asked for more water only to be told that I should of bought water in the terminal. Anyway, response below from BA

"Thank you for your email dated 30 May 2014. I am sorry you found our staff to be rude and unhelpful when you travelled with us to Dubai. I can understand how upsetting this must have been for you and I agree that this is not the kind of service you would expect from British Airways. Please accept my sincere apologies.
While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our company, there is no excuse for this kind of an attitude on the part of our employees. The problems you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our management.
We value your business and we do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our standards.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. Thank you for following this up with us and for giving me the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better when you next fly with us.
Best regards"
#874238 by David-A
31 May 2014, 15:26
If that is your first response from BA, then it is just copy and paste, a tally box may have been ticked somewhere in their systems, but I doubt anything will have happened to look at what you have said.

What do you want to achieve? Compensation of some kind? Ensure that the matter is taken up with the staff member?

It doesn't excuse anything, but what Cabin were you in? When was it in the flight?
#874244 by Hamster
31 May 2014, 18:51
If they say they have passed the issue on, they would of told the manager(s) responsible for the crew on your flight.

Seeing as they have apologised, what else do you expect from them? Were you after some Avios? Do you feel they aren't taking you seriously?
#874248 by benchsmith
31 May 2014, 20:13
having made a number of complaints to BA myself before due to rudeness from staff, this is a very different response to the ones that I had received. As mentioned above it does seem like a tick box and it is just to clear it as a "quick win". I would suggest responding asking if that is the level of service you have received why would you be going back to let them rectify the situation at the expense of which they charge just to be spoken to in an unacceptable manner?
#874250 by HWVlover
31 May 2014, 21:18
I am less cynical about the quality of the response.

Hamster wrote:Seeing as they have apologised, what else do you expect from them? Were you after some Avios? Do you feel they aren't taking you seriously?

As a general rule I have to confess to not being a fan of the compensation culture, especially where trivia is concerned. So I repeat the excellent Hamster's question "what else do you (the OP) expect from them?"

So in answer to your original question.....I think you should be pleased with the fulsome apology.
y)
Virgin Atlantic