#874542 by Gavin
03 Jun 2014, 21:11
I know vS has had a bashing in the past over their hold times, but thought I tell you all is not well on the Dark side either.

I wanted yesterday to book a Avios open Jaw return using an Amex 241 voucher, this cannot be done on line so I had to call the Exc club.

Being a Blue member I had to call the 0845 number, only to be advised they are very busy and call wait was an hour!

Tried to call on the non geographic number but a recorded message there said they were too busy so had to suck it up and get in the queue on the 0845 number.

It took 90 mins!!!!! to get through - Stupid! - and to add to that I had to pay a £30 service charge on top of what the 0845 number cost!

According to the chap on the phone they have closed the USA center and all USA calls now route to the Newcastle callcentre, looks like someone forgot to inform HR to recruit!

Am not a happy bunny- but I did manage to get my F Seats :P
#874601 by Gavin
04 Jun 2014, 17:12
Tried that- the number either gave an engaged tone or a message saying they were too busy to take my call then cut me off v(
#874604 by honey lamb
04 Jun 2014, 18:02
I had a similar experience when I needed to amend my booking in First within the 24 hour period. I waited for nearly an hour and from Ireland that was not cheap and I found it strange that they did not have a Premier line such as VS have. v(
#874614 by PaulS
04 Jun 2014, 19:43
You could try ringing the gold line and if questioned act all innocent. I am BA gold and gave had to call a couple of time in last two weeks bring answered in less than 5 mins on both occasions.
#874628 by DragonLady
04 Jun 2014, 22:05
honey lamb wrote:I had a similar experience when I needed to amend my booking in First within the 24 hour period. I waited for nearly an hour and from Ireland that was not cheap and I found it strange that they did not have a Premier line such as VS have. v(

HL,
BA have the You First line which any F passenger can use from point of booking (IME they answer quickly, and very helpful they are too :) ).
DL
#874666 by honey lamb
05 Jun 2014, 08:56
DragonLady wrote:
honey lamb wrote:I had a similar experience when I needed to amend my booking in First within the 24 hour period. I waited for nearly an hour and from Ireland that was not cheap and I found it strange that they did not have a Premier line such as VS have. v(

HL,
BA have the You First line which any F passenger can use from point of booking (IME they answer quickly, and very helpful they are too :) ).
DL

They do? I called the number given on my booking and, yes, they were very helpful but it was nearly an hour. Perhaps it was because the ROI number given defaulted to the ordinary queue.
#874669 by MoJoJo
05 Jun 2014, 09:31
I called the main number recently and the wait time was quite long so I gave up. I managed to find a number for Silver EC members and got through almost immediately
#874796 by Gavin
06 Jun 2014, 21:29
An update-

I sent off an email, to BA just to say how disappointed I was with the hold time, they replied 48 hrs later and dumped 6000 Avios in my account- was not really looking for anything, just hope they understand they have a problem and may look at fixing it!
#874860 by at240
07 Jun 2014, 10:02
My only experience of YouFirst was good. But I don't think that would help the OP because they don't actually do bookings/reservations?
#874867 by AmexVflyer
07 Jun 2014, 12:07
The situation is even worse for us in the travel trade, we have to call trade support on, wait for it - an 0906 number, calls cost us 50p a minute - even when we are sat in a queue!!!! Have been known to be waiting over an hour - so £30 gone even before we've spoken to somebody, which tends to be someone in India. Then they will put you on hold to solve whatever the issue - another few £ gone. Nice little earner for BA v(
Virgin Atlantic