#877545 by honey lamb
08 Jul 2014, 13:32
On Thursday I am flying in to LHR on Aer Lingus the day after they move to T2 y) with an onward connection to LAS on BA First. The flights are on the same PNR and I fully expect that I and my bags will be checked all the way through and I will have both boarding passes.

My dilemma is do I go through Flight Connections and not get a chance to have a quick look around T2 or do I do I often do, connect landside to T5 and present myself at the First check-in desk (ostensibly to get a "proper" BA boarding card as opposed to an EI) and get the full-on First experience?

What would you do?
#877550 by pjh
08 Jul 2014, 13:46
A terminal is a shed full of people and shopping "opportunities", IMO. You'll be in one again soon more than likely. Go for the full on First.

honey lamb wrote: do I do I often do

Have you been listening to the Police's Greatest Hits album? :)
#877552 by gumshoe
08 Jul 2014, 13:57
You wouldn't get to see very much of T2 I don't think, only arrivals and landside in departures.

Assuming things haven't changed since the trials, ALL arriving pax (including domestic/ROI, unlike in T1) are completely segregated from departing pax on a different level of the building.

So I'd do Flight Connections, maximise your time in the CCR and save T2 for another day - I'm sure you'll be back!

If you really want a BA boarding card, I'm sure the BA transfer desk in T5 or the CCR concierge would print one for you!
#877559 by hazban
08 Jul 2014, 15:57
It's only right that you have informed them, plenty of time to dust off the red carpet.
I'm flying back from YVR on Thursday so am assured of a smooth flight, Mother Nature wouldn't permit any turbulence knowing you are in the air! y)
#877561 by Bretty
08 Jul 2014, 16:10
Dear HL,

I don't have any advice to give, apart from have a wonderful trip. I'm also keenly looking forward to your TRs as I'm sure your trip will prove eventful as usual and make a fun read ;)
#877566 by honey lamb
08 Jul 2014, 16:27
hazban wrote:It's only right that you have informed them, plenty of time to dust off the red carpet.
I'm flying back from YVR on Thursday so am assured of a smooth flight, Mother Nature wouldn't permit any turbulence knowing you are in the air! y)

Oh dear, hazban, you really are an innocent abroad, aren't you? Don't you know that whither honey lamb goes, disaster follows? If I were you, I'd change my booking although if the YVR flight goes out after 7.20pm PST you may be OK - just! :o)
#877567 by Hamster
08 Jul 2014, 16:28
If you do connect airside (T2 isn't that special landside), make sure you take the quickest route from arriving at T5 flight connections to the CCR. There is a very hand guide over on Flyertalk.
#877568 by honey lamb
08 Jul 2014, 16:42
Hamster wrote:If you do connect airside (T2 isn't that special landside), make sure you take the quickest route from arriving at T5 flight connections to the CCR. There is a very hand guide over on Flyertalk.

Will I be able to get into the CCR with just my boarding pass or do I need an invitation?
#877570 by Hamster
08 Jul 2014, 17:27
honey lamb wrote:Will I be able to get into the CCR with just my boarding pass or do I need an invitation?

Just your boarding pass.
#877584 by ultreen1
08 Jul 2014, 23:06
Another vote for "full on first" experience!
Enjoy...can't wait for the TR!
#877587 by gfonk
08 Jul 2014, 23:24
im with the others on this - forget T2 and head to first checkin and get a real boarding pass.
im also really looking forward to your TR.
#877598 by Hamster
09 Jul 2014, 08:34
BA boarding passes are quite basic!!

BA BOoarding pass.jpg

You can still use the "million pound door" when using flight connections.
Virgin Atlantic