#877709 by gilly
10 Jul 2014, 18:07
So, we're flying Club Europe to Nice - for Monte Carlo. Does anyone know which part of T5 we will go from and so which lounge to use? As I understand it, there's quite a way to some of the gates so best to be close I suppose.

Thank for any advice.
#877710 by gumshoe
10 Jul 2014, 18:17
It'll almost certainly be T5A so use either the north or south Galleries lounge.

South involves lots of lifts/escalators and can feel a bit of a trek from security but it's much bigger than north and has more facilities (ice cream!).

ISTBC but short haul flights from T5 rarely seem to have their own "normal" gates, and they don't tend to announce the gate until about an hour before departure so it's pot luck which lounge you use.

On the off chance that you DO know your gate before going to the lounge, North is probably the most convenient for A1-A14 and south for A15-23.
Last edited by gumshoe on 10 Jul 2014, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
#877712 by gilly
10 Jul 2014, 18:18
Wow, what a fast reply! Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know y)

PS I LIKE ice cream! :o)
#877714 by gumshoe
10 Jul 2014, 18:25
gilly wrote:Wow, what a fast reply! Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know y)

PS I LIKE ice cream! :o)

Haha, don't we all!

The freezer's a bit hidden away, near the "cinema" but it's vaguely signposted.
#877824 by starquake
11 Jul 2014, 20:01
I'd comment the North and South T5 regular BA lounge is hardly relaxed - can be hard to get a seat at times!. If you have time (and read BA forum on flyertalk for how) using the T5B lounge is a little more relaxing and less busy as North/South galleries. You CAN now walk back to T5A without passing security again - via a tunnel but you need to read the how !

But please don't tell others! The T5B is a lounge as lounges should be. It's still no clubhouse though.
#877825 by JCBR
11 Jul 2014, 20:25
This is exactly what I did last weekend. I used what I think was the North lounge. It is the one near to the F lounge and Concord room.
I was surprised how good it was although it was a late flight so probably is unbearably busy during the day. The lounge at Nice was also not bad four a small airport but very limited food (bag of crisps or cheese was pretty much it).
#877830 by gumshoe
11 Jul 2014, 20:48
That's south. The north one is on the same level as security, and smaller.

As starquake says both can get ridiculously busy at peak times. The T5B lounge is indeed quieter and more pleasant, but mainly serves long haul pax flying out of T5B & C. While still available to T5A pax, unless you've several hours to kill it's probably not worth the trek there and back if you're flying short haul.
#877832 by WPIL
11 Jul 2014, 20:54
You could try this lounge!

http://www.heathrowvip.com

Have not had the chance to try it myself though. (one day)

I found the North Lounge to be slightly better as I think it was smaller, less busy and had a view on to the North Runway, good views of arriving planes. The South Lounge was very busy and from what I could tell did not have any views, although I could be wrong?
#879280 by gilly
01 Aug 2014, 08:58
Yes I've seen that one before - somehow I doubt that would go down well with my husband!

Any comments on the airport/ lounge at Barcelona for our return?
Virgin Atlantic