#884008 by Hull
24 Sep 2014, 09:43
I flew with BA earlier in the year to YVR in WT and found the food (Chicken Curry) to be very good.

I returned in CW where I had the Beef Fillet and a couple of glasses of St Emillion which were again very good, I was seated upstairs (744) in a forward facing aisle seat in which I had a good sleep.

I must have looked rough ;) as the passenger the other side of the screen couldn't raise it fast enough everytime the CC dropped it down to serve food/drink.

I have just booked CW to JNB for November and wouldn't hesitate to use it again should the price be right compared to VS UC.
#885067 by ilikebluesmarties
09 Oct 2014, 00:25
Having just flown in economy long haul for the first time I can safely say my imminent defection to BA from Virgin due to their drastic route changes has been put on hold.

I flew MCO-LGW, and I have never experienced such a poorly maintained cabin, dirty toilets(on boarding)inferior IFE, shoddy disinterested cabin crew and food I would not serve an animal. I will be writing a review on skytrax and already have an existing complaint to BA that I will be adding too but I certainly don't see what everyone sees in BA. Virgin isn't perfect but even on its worst day far better than BA's Gatwick flights.
#885091 by Concorde RIP
09 Oct 2014, 10:19
Luck...

There are some on here that have never had a bad flight with VS - and others like me that have had a mixed bag.

There are some that have never had a bad flight on BA - and others that have had a mixed bag.

I'm pretty sure this is mostly about luck on the day...

When I consider an airline, it's a little more than just the on-board service, I consider the whole package (route network, points collection etc) and judge it against my personal requirements.