#886611 by PaulS
29 Oct 2014, 17:49
marshy11 wrote:http://v-flyer.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=284700&p=867650&hilit=ba%20seat%20moved%20again&rb_v=viewtopic#p867650 re the seat moves.

Sorry Marshy forgot about that one, but that wasn't seat shifters that was a plane that went tech that morning and therefore was substituted but as I pointed out BA still managed to get me my legroom seat once I boarded.
#886622 by marshy11
29 Oct 2014, 19:26
Paul sorry wasn't referring to you but to hiljil and her previous thread on the subject of BA and their musical chairs.
#886635 by kered
29 Oct 2014, 20:17
Sealink wrote:They are only offered if CW is full and then it's by status.

The flights to LAS that we booked over the weekend have wide open availability in CW & all three cabins were offered for seat selection.

So it seems that it was my Silver Status that gave me the option to select our seats up front, not that CW was full, as it was far from full.
#886637 by hiljil
29 Oct 2014, 20:28
Further to my rant recalled by Marshy11 we were also moved last month on our outbound flight to Tampa - so I lost the seat where I didn't have to clamber over a stranger's legs. (Booked for eleven months ). I had been quietly confident that trip as I had printed off boarding cards and still had my chosen seat. I think I've ranted about this in yet another thread somewhere on V-flyer !!!! :(
#886639 by mallin
29 Oct 2014, 20:45
OH Hilary, where did you get shifted to on check in or at the gate?

Did you say anything or was it useless?

Have pre booked our seats for next May, so am hoping we don't get moved as its slowly filling up, I presume on all the flights they block out the bassinet positions at the front of the row.

It does make you wonder wether these companies think about us as people or are we just a pound sign. Lin
#886641 by hiljil
29 Oct 2014, 21:03
We were changed at check in. I commented to the staff member that I never get the seat that I've paid for and she smiled and made some comment about well it will be a nice surprise when I do ... Which I thought was poor form. I spoke to a Customer Service person in the lounge and he apologised profusely but regretted he could do nothing at that stage - but he would try to get me the back row ( which hadn't yet been released ) for my return flight.

Guess what . He didn't manage it ....
#886642 by NYLON
29 Oct 2014, 21:05
If you've paid to request a specific seat on BA, and you're moved from it, do you get refunded?
#886644 by hiljil
29 Oct 2014, 21:16
According to the BA website you can apply for a refund .....
#886645 by nkp85uk
29 Oct 2014, 21:17
NYLON wrote:If you've paid to request a specific seat on BA, and you're moved from it, do you get refunded?

Yep although I believe you have to ask for it
#886646 by gumshoe
29 Oct 2014, 21:22
nkp85uk wrote:
NYLON wrote:If you've paid to request a specific seat on BA, and you're moved from it, do you get refunded?

Which, frankly, is shocking. If you pay for a service that they're unable to deliver, you should get an automatic and unconditional refund.
#886656 by Bretty
29 Oct 2014, 23:29
PaulS wrote:Bretty, I take on joggy bottoms and a T shirt if in club. Most people in my experience change. At 6'6" and 19st I don't do the pyjamas look on any airline as I find they are never big enough.

Old boy unless there is an aircraft change to a 777 you shouldn't experience any seat shifting. It's never happened to me yet but unfortunately because BA have so many variations of their aircraft if can happen.

Cheers Paul
#886657 by NYLON
29 Oct 2014, 23:40
gumshoe wrote:
nkp85uk wrote:

Which, frankly, is shocking. If you pay for a service that they're unable to deliver, you should get an automatic and unconditional refund.

Wow, that really surprises me. I would have thought it would be an immediate refund as soon as you're moved.
#887012 by Hull
02 Nov 2014, 13:34
kered wrote:Mmm interesting about the Front Cabin seats all showing as unavailable.

I'm wondering do you have to have status to get access to those seats ?

All three cabins were showing available for me when I booked a wee jaunt to Las Vegas for April next, over the weekend, but then I currently hold Silver Status within the BAEC, which could explain why I got access to the front cabin.

Just looking at booking for August, I will be BA silver but then but i this perk also available to CX gold / One World Sapphire members?

Thanks
Dominic
#887034 by mallin
02 Nov 2014, 17:59
I have just booked and reserved seats to LAS from LGW with Ba, decided to use our 2-4-1 tickets as it was burning a hole in my pocket and the flight was direct into Vegas for next October.

As VS don't seem to have any availability on reward seats on direct flights into LAS, it was too good a chance to miss.

I presume it will be on one of the older 777' s which I know nothing about, it was only showing as a three class flight, I am hoping it's got a reasonable IFE as some say it's only the basic Avod loop system same as the older 340's.

Any info will be appreciated Linda y)
#887041 by catsilversword
02 Nov 2014, 18:14
Lin,

I'm not sure what aircraft we were on for our recent flights to Phoenix (club world), but the IFE was really very disappointing. I'd take a book or three :)
#887049 by Hull
02 Nov 2014, 20:05
Hull wrote:
kered wrote:Mmm interesting about the Front Cabin seats all showing as unavailable.

I'm wondering do you have to have status to get access to those seats ?

All three cabins were showing available for me when I booked a wee jaunt to Las Vegas for April next, over the weekend, but then I currently hold Silver Status within the BAEC, which could explain why I got access to the front cabin.

Just looking at booking for August, I will be BA silver but then but i this perk also available to CX gold / One World Sapphire members?

Thanks
Dominic

Update, I managed to book CW and reserve seats in the forward cabin using my CX Gold. y)
Virgin Atlantic