#894319 by gumshoe
04 Feb 2015, 13:33
Hamster wrote:I know Galleries aren't the best lounges in the world, but far far above the standard of a PP Lounge (IMO)!

I beg to differ I'm afraid!

The new Plaza Premium and United lounges at LHR T2 put BA to shame, frankly, with hot food all day (BA only has it at defined meal times) and, in United's case, a full service bar. And as for LGW, when I was last in the BA lounge at lunchtime there was nothing hot other than soup - even the No.1 Lounge offers hot food!

Gone, thankfully, are the days when PP meant the dreaded Servisair (although even they're upping their game now).
#894407 by ratechaser
05 Feb 2015, 06:05
at240 wrote:I agree with gumshoe. GC is very disappointing.

The Concorde Room is good, though. :)

Never had the pleasure of the CCR, but the F loounge at T3 is about the best I've seen out of BA, very decent full English buffet and never crowded.

T5 galleries north is also ok if you get in there early. Heading there now for a bacon roll or 2 :-)
#894422 by Smid
05 Feb 2015, 09:15
at240 wrote:I agree with gumshoe. GC is very disappointing.

I think there's a couple of reasons, one of which is the fact that domestic flights get access. If Little Red had went from T3, and they allowed Clubhouse access, it would massively weaken the product.

Also, the fact that there's a class above Club means they've got to make it a bit crapper... The fact that first can go and use it if its better, doesn't seem to matter :)
#894443 by Hamster
05 Feb 2015, 12:10
gumshoe wrote:I beg to differ I'm afraid!

The new Plaza Premium and United lounges at LHR T2 put BA to shame, frankly, with hot food all day (BA only has it at defined meal times) and, in United's case, a full service bar. And as for LGW, when I was last in the BA lounge at lunchtime there was nothing hot other than soup - even the No.1 Lounge offers hot food!

Gone, thankfully, are the days when PP meant the dreaded Servisair (although even they're upping their game now).

Very true actually! I shall change my statement to 'most PP lounges' :o)

Smid wrote:It does seem to suffer if you dare being there before noon. Bacon sandwiches and what might be deemed continental breakfast. I've seen some PP lounges offer something similar to this.

When I've popped into the T5 Galleries lounges they have had standard hot breakfast buffet items? Admittedly I never spend long in them as just trying to pass time, as at240 said, the CCR is good, fantastic staff and great food. It's a lovely place to relax, especially out on the terrace, surprising how quiet it can be in an airport.
Virgin Atlantic