#896920 by TimCrawley
26 Feb 2015, 19:24
Got the regular email from BA announcing yet another sale, this time including Business/First for bookings made by 10th March.

Not spotted any fantastic deals to places I fancy yet (but they sometimes add more / better offers as the days pass) - but I guess this means VS / Delta will offer some matching deals where routes overlap in the coming days.
#896935 by gumshoe
26 Feb 2015, 19:42
BA seem to have a sale every other month these days. Are they struggling to fill their premium cabins?

Surely the danger of having too many sales is that people won't book when there isn't one in the expectation that there'll be another one along soon. Like DFS.
#896938 by tontybear
26 Feb 2015, 20:04
gumshoe wrote:BA seem to have a sale every other month these days. Are they struggling to fill their premium cabins?

Surely the danger of having too many sales is that people won't book when there isn't one in the expectation that there'll be another one along soon. Like DFS.

At least with DFS the seats are comfy!

But yes too many sales are not a good idea!
#896981 by Smid
27 Feb 2015, 09:15
1600 ish for Jamaica and Cancun UC would be ok for VS to price match.

Ex-Dub has got good again, Club east coast 900 quid, west 1100 and Hawaii 1300 quid again.

Striking ex-dub FIRST fares to east coast 1600 (Miami) and west 1800 (LAX/SFO). I can't help thinking that the ex-Dub kind of ruins the experience, though 6 hours in the CCR on my last TP run would have been nicer than the 6 hours in galleries north...
#896986 by LHRrules
27 Feb 2015, 10:10
gumshoe wrote:BA seem to have a sale every other month these days. Are they struggling to fill their premium cabins?

BA have just announced a 2014 profit of £975 million and upgraded 2015 forecasts by 20%. I think by any measure they're doing something right...!
#897021 by PaulS
27 Feb 2015, 18:42

The sale prices are really the market prices. The non sale prices are what people who have to book there and then pay or fools that don't know how to find the cheapest fares.

BA unlike VS have been returning profits and this is because they are filling their aircraft. You only have to look at route like SFO where BA are increasing capacity to meet demand and VS are cancelling flights or downsizing their fleet. Perhaps VS should take at look at BA's model
#897105 by Princess Fiona
28 Feb 2015, 11:30
Have looked at prices for going to Cancun next Februrary. Date selection screen says price per seat is £784 (outbound and return), yet when I get to price quote screen its over £5k. I'm confused, where is the extra £2k coming from? Am I not doing it right? ?|
#897124 by mallin
28 Feb 2015, 13:55
Is this on the BA site Fiona, I have found that the price screen for selected months is only on certain dates, so yours may not be the cheapest. For example it may be the 1st thats the cheapest and as its half term in February they will go up accordingly. play around with some dates if you are flexible. y)
#897133 by Princess Fiona
28 Feb 2015, 14:45
Yes that's on the BA site searching for flights via the sale link on the homepage. Managed to see a choice of flights at just over £3k for two weeks in November or December. If only my selected hotel was reasonably priced then it would be a go-er! xx(
#897152 by pjh
28 Feb 2015, 17:22
PaulS wrote:
gumshoe wrote:BA unlike VS have been returning profits and this is because they are filling their aircraft. You only have to look at route like SFO where BA are increasing capacity to meet demand and VS are cancelling flights or downsizing their fleet. Perhaps VS should take at look at BA's model

Filling an order book / aircraft <> profit, as my managers keep reminding me. It's margin that matters.

That said, you can't gainsay the fact that BA are clearly doing something right and they provided, for me, a more pleasant experience in Y than Emirates.
Virgin Atlantic