#897063 by Hamster
27 Feb 2015, 22:24
A bit late in the day I know, but today marked the 15th anniversary of BA's fully flat 'ying-yang' business class!

Many more years left in it too!
#897068 by honey lamb
28 Feb 2015, 01:01
I don't know that I'd wish happy birthday to a product that isn't really that good. I'm not talking about the flat bed product per se, which varies in degrees of comfort depending on the airline, but the unpleasant 'ying-yang' product of BA.

They could argue that because it has been in production for 15 years, it is successful but, as a solo traveller I have not enjoyed climbing over (and disturbing) passengers who are sleeping; having passengers climb over me and waking me when I am sleeping; having food slopped over or through a partition by the hand of an invisible person to me; having food whisked past my nose to someone the other side of the partition just as I am about to start eating mine.

So no, while I will wish happy birthday to the fully flat bed, I will not to BA's 'ying-yang' product.
#897077 by hiljil
28 Feb 2015, 07:39
I totally agree with HL about the ying yang product. Plus I find the foot rest has a mind of its own. Sadly, as it has been around for 15 years in this form with BA, I find it more of a non celebration as they obviously are in no hurry to change it !
But given the choice of a fully flat bed with BA or economy ......
#897079 by Hamster
28 Feb 2015, 07:57
Many people aren't keen on ying yang, and BA's patent on it runs out this year(?) So we can see if any other airlines take it up (it can fit in far more seats than other configs). Heard a rumour IB might pick it up, not that hard to be live as part of IAG.

While you might not like it, it forced Virgin to create the herringbone UCS! And anything is better than the J2000!
#897094 by Maximus
28 Feb 2015, 10:54
A big development at the start, there is no doubt the BA CW seats have been surpassed by several airlines now and it is showing its age.

I will travel in BA CW as with my Avios I get good deals but if I was paying cash I would most likely choose another airline with a better J product.
#897187 by SNOMO
01 Mar 2015, 10:20
Have to say on our flight home last Thursday in CW we found the seats comfortable but, thanx to info on here & Seat Guru, we had chosen two middle seats row 11 so n climbing over others or food served thru the partition, plus our two nephews were upgraded from WT to be with us & got the two middle in row 4 so they had no problems either. Staff members were great & the food very good.
Virgin Atlantic