#902850 by gumshoe
09 May 2015, 13:44
BA proudly proclaim that WT+ passengers get a Club World main course.

Of course the other way of looking at it is CW passengers get a WT+ meal!

BA have recently announced a £20m investment in CW catering. That's welcome news although some might see it as an admission that the current offering is below par.
#902856 by SNOMO
09 May 2015, 14:51
I just went out WT+ and came back CW and my pre-ordered meals were both different from the on-board menu. CW leg was a very nice veg biryani.
#902857 by mallin
09 May 2015, 14:58
We are also flying world traveller plus in about 10 days time, and have pre ordered our meal. On our last Club meal last month it was dreadful a large lump of tasteless steak and mush, very hot and totally Inedible. There were no other choices available, so glad we ate in the airport, I would do this every time as even on Virgin UC have only once had something I could eat on our last three flights.

I am not overly picky but just want something edible, I do not do spicy food as it does not agree with me or seafood so am a burger fan. Or a good ole English breakfast meal. Let's hope we both get something we can eat. Linda
#902894 by Hamster
10 May 2015, 00:16
The pre-ordered meals are the same as the in-flight menu, atleast they should be unless there has been a catering problem!

This is unless you order a 'upgraded' meal in economy, this won't be available on-board and costs extra.
#902901 by SNOMO
10 May 2015, 08:09
Hamster wrote:The pre-ordered meals are the same as the in-flight menu, atleast they should be unless there has been a catering problem!

This is unless you order a 'upgraded' meal in economy, this won't be available on-board and costs extra.

Wow I seem to have been an exception on both my recent flights then Hamster :D
#902932 by Maximus
10 May 2015, 15:43
Airline meals, a never-ending battle for the airlines. Preferences for food vary so greatly that they are always going to get complaining customers. One mans meat is another mans poison as they say. e.g. I like my food to have a bit of flavour, especially at 38,000 feet but of course those that prefer bland food will less thrilled with my choices.

Recently I have read some disatisfaction with the latest UC menus in TRs, but I could eat everything on the menu.

One thing that does get on my goat though is the poor choices for vegetarians. Airlines often substitute "vegetarian" for "vegan" and that really annoys me. I eat butter and the chocolate mousse! I don't want Flora and an apple! Though poor vegetarian options so often the norm on land as well as in the air that I now go semi-carnivore diet when I am on vacation as otherwise I would probably starve.

What are the choices for vegetarians on the BA pre-order menus?
#902954 by SNOMO
10 May 2015, 21:18
Maximus the choices are Lacto Ovo Vegetarian, Vegan Vege, Hindu & Asian Vege.
I ordered Asian Vege both flights cant remember what it was on way out but remember I was surprised how good it was at the time, on return flight it was a Veg Biryani which was really good.
#902955 by PaulS
10 May 2015, 21:33
Both my wife and daughter are veggies and always pre-order Asian Veg on BA and have always commented on how good it was.
#902967 by gumshoe
10 May 2015, 22:07
Just to clarify as I think there's some confusion here: there are now three types of pre-ordered meal on BA.

SNOMO and PaulS, I think, are referring to the special meals that have always been available to pre-order. These are different from the normal on-board menu and are designed to cater for various dietary and religious requirements (though anyone can order one).

The more recent innovation - which I think the OP is referring to and which has been rolled out in phases over the last few months - is the ability (in F, CW and WT+) to pre-order a normal meal from the standard on-board menu. BA's spin on this is that it eliminates the risk of your first choice running out but crucially it saves them money because if they know what people want in advance, they can load fewer meals and thus reduce wastage.

The newest innovation, currently being rolled out in Y, is an "upgraded" meal where, for an extra charge, you can pre-order a better quality meal.
#902968 by Maximus
10 May 2015, 22:09
Thanks. I will consider ordering the Asian Vegetarian meal on a future BA flight. Our next one is in First (lucky me) so I will probably stick to the regular menu for those two flights.
#902987 by Maximus
11 May 2015, 07:10
gumshoe wrote:The more recent innovation - which I think the OP is referring to and which has been rolled out in phases over the last few months - is the ability (in F, CW and WT+) to pre-order a normal meal from the standard on-board menu.

The "special" meal selection is not new (and most majot airlines offer this) and this is what I have ordered before (and end up with a semi- Vegan option as I said, as the airlines do not seem to be able to differentiate between Vegetarian and Vegan).

I assume with the new pre-selection service you can actually select the main meal option e.g. seafood linguine, chicken curry, beef steak or whatever? Has anyone seen what the vegetarian dish options are on this list?
#903064 by UK Traveller
12 May 2015, 08:32
On the pre-select option there was only a choice of chicken or beef. I contacted BA who advised "The menu for meals that will be offered onboard on our flights will be mostly the same"
Virgin Atlantic