#903415 by stevedaley
18 May 2015, 10:16
We are flying from Dublin in July using the ex EU route. We are in Club Europe with BA from Dublin to LHR. We arrive in Dublin early around 8.30am and depart for London at 19.20. Can we check our bags in early with BA and then have a day in Dublin,or would we have to pay for baggage storage at the airport. It's not clear on BA's website.

Thanks,

Steve
#903419 by David
18 May 2015, 10:49
Am there on Saturday so will try and check for you. I did the opposite (because of the long wait) - fly across the day before, stay overnight then fly out 1st thing on Sunday.

David
#903460 by stevedaley
18 May 2015, 17:50
Thanks David that would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on the Dublin airport website and you can store bags for round 10 euros each but it would be easier if we could just check them in with BA first thing when we arrive if possible.

Thanks Again,

Steve
#903491 by honey lamb
18 May 2015, 21:21
It is quite possible that you may not be able to check in until 3 hours before check-in but in that case, take Steve's advice and store in left luggage.

After that my advice would be to take the AirCoach into Dublin. It's a blue coach available from outside T2. It is more expensive than Dublin Bus but it is quicker and has no stops till it gets into the city (book a return ticket). Get off at Trinity College. From there you can visit Trinity College and the Book of Kells, go down Grafton Street (which is pedestrianised) to Stephen's Green, see Government Buildings (including Dáil Eireann, our parliament), enjoy the buskers, go down Dame Street to Dublin Castle, St Patrick's Cathedral and Christchurch, go to the Guinness Storehouse and have a free pint of Guinness!, wander through Temple Bar, go on a hop-on/hop off bus and then get an Aircoach back to the airport from O'Connell Street.

Enjoy!
Virgin Atlantic