#908057 by Smid
01 Aug 2015, 12:55
Ok, so I entered my info into MMB for the passport etc. I remember struggling to enter two peoples information at the time, and got it through.

Now its lost my information again, I know VS's IT is bad, but this is "cannot fly" information which the website seems to be randomly dropping. Kept my missus's information, but all my passport stuff is gone. Kept the hotel though.

Glad I noticed, when going back to see what terminal we were flying from in LAX.
Last edited by Neil on 01 Aug 2015, 19:27, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Title edited to remove swear word.
#908058 by tontybear
01 Aug 2015, 13:20
This is a well known bug in the BA system. The data is still there even if MMB is saying it isn't

See this Flyer Talk thread
#908060 by mallin
01 Aug 2015, 13:42
I agree with you we have three flights in the next year and it keeps asking for our details again and again. Keep entering them says its saved them then go in again and its highlighted in red again . Just taken me a week to get our Avios transferred to BAEC as hubby's date of birth was wrong on his Avios account don't know how, had to send his driving licence and all sorts of forms to prove it was him, got there in the end. I appreciate data security but they told me his date of birth put him at over a hundred years old!!

Another gripe been waiting over three months for some missing miles from a car hire trip to post sent in a missing miles form and have heard nothing since. Plus they keep on changing our seats in world traveller plus with no explanation, no aircraft change and paid for selection, I only find out when logging into MMB keep changing them back which they allow then they move us again, its been driving me bonkers.
#908077 by Smid
02 Aug 2015, 00:25
For gods sake, I just checked the seats and they silently changed them back to previous booking I had before, now I've got the crappy two seats near the window at the back of the A380, pretty much in WT+ when in club seats, near the baby bit.

Never had virgin change my seats on me ever. I TP ran to silver to get this booking ability, and they'll just change em to bloody well they feel like, and not tell me.

Not impressed with BA.
#908086 by PaulS
02 Aug 2015, 12:52
Have you tried the my flights app. It lets you know immediately there is any change to your booking. I know it's annoying when your seats are changed. I had it happen to me last year when VS. changed our aircraft from a 747 to a 340 and we were spread around the cabin. Unfortunately no matter how clever computers are they will never function like a human.
#908092 by Hamster
02 Aug 2015, 15:39
Smid wrote:Never had virgin change my seats on me ever. I TP ran to silver to get this booking ability, and they'll just change em to bloody well they feel like, and not tell me.

Never had BA change my seats but have had VS change my seats... ;-)
#908109 by Smid
03 Aug 2015, 12:32
PaulS wrote:Have you tried the my flights app. It lets you know immediately there is any change to your booking. I know it's annoying when your seats are changed. I had it happen to me last year when VS. changed our aircraft from a 747 to a 340 and we were spread around the cabin. Unfortunately no matter how clever computers are they will never function like a human.

No aircraft change. I think someone more important in there wanted my seat, so we got bumped out silently. Pilot? One seat still seems to be available where we were.

Now we've had to choose the no windows/bumped by passer byers going to the toilet, seat. Better than screaming baby and WT+ cabin.

Is that myapp an iphone(evil empire) app? Not got one of those. Will never touch an apple product, personally. Their "intuitiveness" which has decided there's no "back" button, is not for me, and not my type of intuitiveness.

If they'd told me, I'd perhaps have no choice. I'm personally less bothered about VS's seats.I'd not pay, or TP run for silver as a price to book them. They're all good. All of them have aisle access and face forward. G/F doesn't like backwards flying, and trying to minimise the clambering over other people. So booking BA seats are a necessity.
#908161 by PaulS
04 Aug 2015, 18:29
Yes unfortunately its (my flights app) only for apple products, pity because as soon as there are changes even aircraft changes you know. I'm a BA gold so I don't have to pay but I do feel that seat selection should be free in business. On the point of moving it could be something as simple as the number of babies in the cabin as there are only a few seats with double oxygen masks. We had a family holiday to Jamaica in Feb with 19 of us in CW including 4 babies and several seats were moved to accommodate the oxygen mask sistuation
#908238 by myflightsapp
07 Aug 2015, 09:35
PaulS wrote:Yes unfortunately its (my flights app) only for apple products

...until recently :)

The web version has been available for a while for those with accounts (which previously you had to sign up for using an iOS device) but I've now done registration screens so you can register on the web. There isn't a mobile web app, but you do get emails highlighting your changes.

You can register free by going to https://myaccount.myflightsapp.com and clicking on Sign Up For Free under the login button. Enjoy :)
Virgin Atlantic