#909128 by tontybear
28 Aug 2015, 19:54
I wonder how soon we see reports of people booking to go to the wrong one.

BA, in a tweet, said that as the two airports have different codes it will be all right!
#909135 by Hev60
28 Aug 2015, 22:43
tontybear wrote:I wonder how soon we see reports of people booking to go to the wrong one.

BA, in a tweet, said that as the two airports have different codes it will be all right!

Sometime the codes can be so similar though.

Earlier this year I was looking for a one way flight from Phoenix to Monterey California (MRY)

I googled a fare request and was quite shocked at the costing which came up but then realised my trusted iPad had changed the typing to read Monterrey Mexico (MTY) :-O
#909136 by RyanJW
29 Aug 2015, 00:19
SJC - San Jose, California
SJO - San Jose, Costa Rica
SJU - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Lots of options for confusion!

I'm not sure it would change me flying into SFO to be honest, it' is 25 mins to SJC or 35 mins to SFO from Palo Alto. I think SJC are quite good at offering help with marketing funds/lower landing fees to attract new airlines but wonder if it will make much difference overall with the number of people that are just used to travelling to SFO if its priced the same.
#909534 by Smid
05 Sep 2015, 10:53
Having stayed at the Hilton at San Jose , being a better drop off for San Francisco from the Amtrak, I think the airport might be closer to town, town is much more compact and you can see the planes flying right past your hotel room... Connects to the Caltrain vs the BART. Never done SFO incoming, BART probably better if heading to SF.

Anyway, good for Amtrak.

Three man vs food locations within 5 minutes walk of each other in San Jose too.

Downside, like the last time I came in by Amtrak, if there's a conference on it San Jose, there are NO hotel rooms for miles. Upside, Amtrak charged me $3 to change to San Francisco train, a journey which would cost a couple of hundred dollars if I'd done it straight from there...
Virgin Atlantic