#912750 by hiljil
08 Nov 2015, 11:12
Subtitle : I blame Maximus

Being a total novice compared with fellow V-Flyers who wheel & deal all the time, I can't help but be amazed by some of the odd pricings of airline tickets that suddenly show up. For example , when one sees an F fare cheaper than a J.

Also, like the well documented risk of once "turning left" I have discovered another truth. Having paid a certain price once - the second time it doesn't sound quite so horrific . It becomes easier to click that confirm button. And when you see a price just a few pounds cheaper than what you have previously paid - it positively screams bargain at you. Fellow V-Flyers be warned !

What I'm trying to say is - and I totally blame Maximus for getting me so excited - I have booked ANOTHER trip in BA First.

Maximus - what have you done to my bank balance ..........
#912758 by mallin
08 Nov 2015, 12:15
Well done Hilary, do tell where to. I know what you mean by bank balance have just finished all our bookings for next year, and the 2-4-1 was obtained in three months spending >-(

Just going to take us all next year to pay it off and start planning for the year after, you only live once. Linda :D
#912762 by marshy11
08 Nov 2015, 13:01
Thank goodness for Maximus.
#912764 by Maximus
08 Nov 2015, 13:27
:-P

Well I have been accused of many things over the years but that's a new one!

But I guess I can live with it! In fact I feel a little smug :blush: Je ne regrette rien.

So where have I coerced you into flying off to? Does this mean you will never fly J again? ;-)

Sorry about the old bank balance taking a hammering. I know that feeling having x3 TATL flights booked for us now. Booked a couple of Gs yesterday for IAD/JFK. Even I am not usually that far ahead of myself.

Looking to 2017 now I am hoping for another First seat myself to Japan.

You gotta grab those opportunities when they present.
#912770 by Bretty
08 Nov 2015, 15:37
Well done you, as has been said, you only live once. Do tell us where you're off to this time. :)
#912778 by hiljil
08 Nov 2015, 18:54
Blacky1 wrote:Lol hiljil , where are you off too ?

Unfortunately I am flying to Miami again. By that I mean I wish I was flying to another airport as I really don't like Miami. However, I had already sorted my villa in Cape Coral for my September trip and MIA is very convenient for that area. And of course, unlike to TPA & MCO ( whose prices I was checking - honestly ) BA offers a First Class cabin there. :D
#912927 by lilmo
10 Nov 2015, 08:56
Yes that is certainly true Hiljil - as I have discovered to my cost. Once you have turned left it is hard not to again. And I know exactly what you mean about paying a price that next time almost becomes the norm. And what about the third time ?! :-O
Virgin Atlantic