#919864 by hiljil
11 Apr 2016, 08:51
.... That I'm in danger of having to do everything twice !

Does anyone else find, as the years go by, one starts checking off earlier & earlier the list of things "to do" before travelling ? ! I am so far advanced for this trip that my action sheet has little left on it and I may find myself rechecking and re-sorting & re-packing nearer the date ! Plus - now what on earth am I going to do this week to keep the lid on my excitement ? :-D
#919866 by Snora
11 Apr 2016, 08:59
I 'm excited for you now ! looking at your 'signature' - 7 days until hopefully a dream comes true Wow ! can't wait for your TR on THAT one !

on another point - how do you add those bits of info at the end of your posts and do they actually countdown once you have added them hiljil?
#919867 by dickydotcom
11 Apr 2016, 09:01
You haven't said when your trip is that you have everything checked for.
I have quite a few boxes ticket for my next trip which is only 320 days away.
One minor thing still to do and that's book a return flight!
On our last trip earlier this year everything was booked at least 3 months prior to leaving and even suitcases packed a week before. (That's Mrs D's area )
Enjoy you trip.
Dick D
#919868 by hiljil
11 Apr 2016, 09:04
Snora wrote:I 'm excited for you now ! looking at your 'signature' - 7 days until hopefully a dream comes true Wow ! can't wait for your TR on THAT one !

on another point - how do you add those bits of info at the end of your posts and do they actually countdown once you have added them hiljil?

I am the last person to ask about the count down info as I can only manage to add to or change the dates by using a template a kind soul on v-flyer sent me, sorry !!!! :-O :blush:

Hopefully someone will soon help you too.
#919870 by hiljil
11 Apr 2016, 09:10
dickydotcom wrote:You haven't said when your trip is that you have everything checked for.
I have quite a few boxes ticket for my next trip which is only 320 days away.

Dick D

This time next week, dickydotcom !!

I wasn't actually meaning all the booking & documentation part of the trip but the : watering plants, last clean, last wash, sorting maps, charging batteries, spraying for ants (!) , sorting toiletries that sort of thing !!!!
#919873 by pjh
11 Apr 2016, 09:44
hiljil wrote:
Snora wrote:I 'm excited for you now ! looking at your 'signature' - 7 days until hopefully a dream comes true Wow ! can't wait for your TR on THAT one !

I am the last person to ask about the count down info as I can only manage to add to or change the dates by using a template a kind soul on v-flyer sent me, sorry !!!! :-O :blush:

Here's a couple of screenshots that may help.

Sigs1.jpg
Sigs1.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 3803 times

Sigs.jpg
Sigs.jpg (149.97 KiB) Viewed 3803 times

and a thread on it here
#919874 by pjh
11 Apr 2016, 09:49
hiljil wrote: Plus - now what on earth am I going to do this week to keep the lid on my excitement ? :-D

Do nothing to keep the lid on. Relish the excitement... :)
#919882 by Snora
11 Apr 2016, 12:53
pjh wrote:
hiljil wrote:

Here's a couple of screenshots that may help.

Sigs1.jpg

Sigs.jpg

and a thread on it here

Thanks pjh ! will give it a try as soon as I secure those elusive LHR to JNB G's for 2017 !!
Virgin Atlantic