#922057 by marshy11
30 May 2016, 07:37
I think it was due to reopen in November but has been put back to Jan 2017. They do have a temp lounge in the No.1 Lounge.
#922060 by marshy11
30 May 2016, 07:40
Have a read of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british- ... tions.html it may give you a bit more info on what the views and reviews are like.
#922063 by dickydotcom
30 May 2016, 09:12
gilly wrote:Ok, thank you. Although I understand the No 1 lounge isn't up to much.

Personally I have always liked No 1 lounges. It is not a first class affair but I've always found them clean, reasonable stocked with food, and service by friendly staff. The food is not up to CH standards, but better than Delta Sky lounge.

But that's only my humble opinion.

Dick D
#922067 by tontybear
30 May 2016, 10:16
marshy11 wrote:I think it was due to reopen in November but has been put back to Jan 2017. They do have a temp lounge in the No.1 Lounge.

It's part of the terminal switches at LGW that yes have been delayed from November to January.

BA will move to South and VS to North. Easy will also consolidate in North.

It's also why the V-Room had to close to allow the new BA lounge to be (part) built. The BA lounge in North had to close so it could become the new VS CH and V-Room complex.

Read the flyer talk thread with a huge pinch of salt and take into account the hugh levels of selfimportance of some of the posters there .
#922073 by gumshoe
30 May 2016, 12:32
Spot on!

The main issue at LGW North is the No.1 Lounge isn't big enough to cope with the huge number of BA elites AND its own customers. The actual product is fine and indeed a cut above most shared lounges. There's a passable food selection and a pretty good (free) bar - however its main crime in the eyes of the BA diehards is that it charges for champagne which they're not used to because champagne flows like water in the secluded haven of BA's lounges.

Oh and there's been more than one post complaining about having to share the lounge with "ordinary people" - and even one saying they didn't feel safe leaving their bag to go and get a drink, unlike in the BA lounge. You couldn't make it up.
#922085 by gilly
30 May 2016, 15:44
Having read "some" of the flyertalk thread, I think we'll cope! We like the various lounges because we don't fly more than a couple of times a year and it's always a treat for us. Bubbles are nice, but I can live without them. I just wish VS flew to Cyprus.

By the way, whatever happened to Virgin Sun?
Virgin Atlantic